CHAPTER 37: "You sure have changed."

"I didn't expect you to come, honestly." Nash said as he pulled my seat out for me.

We were in one of the best restaurants in New York called 8065.

"Thanks for inviting me", I replied. "I heard this restaurant gets good reviews. I've been living her for quite a while now but I never got around to visiting this place."

"Well, I feel honored to have taken you out to your first 8065 night." He said, settling in his own seat.

"Admit it, you wanna live here." I told him.

"Anything for appetizers?" The fancy looking waiter asked as he held out the menu.

"Mushroom soup for me and the lady." Nash replied. That was an assumptive move, but I loved mushroom soup. So he still won.

"Coming right up", the kind waiter said then hurried off.

"Who wouldn't?" Nash stated, looking at me rather intently. "New York has the best view."

I couldn't help but blush. Mature Nash sure knew how to swoon.

"I agree. Have you seen the cityscape from the penthouse of -- " He cut me off.

"I guess I don't need to. From this seat, I already have the best view."

"You sure have changed."

"What do you mean?" He asked, obviously loving my response to all his sappiness.

"You have your way of saying things now, you know? You've become some sort of a dapper gentleman." I truthfully told him.

"As you have doubled your beauty without effort." He replied.

After our fancy meal with sides of flirtations, we headed out to the nearest movie house. It was my suggestion since a movie I had been waiting for was showing.

"Ticket for two, please." Nash told the cashier who was probably just 16.

"Oh my god, are you the Nash Grier?" She exclaimed while handing Nash the tickets.

"No, I'm not. You're probably just sleepy." Nash gave her the money and grabbed me to scurry with him to the movie house.

We picked the last row, our favorite spot where we were always free to make out.

"Promise me you won't cry this time?" Nash joked.

"Excuse me", I spat back. "As far as I can remember, you cried with me!"

We both laughed at the memory of the time we went out to see The Blind Side.

As I looked around the movie house, I noticed that there weren't a lot of people in it. In fact, there was only one - and he was snoring the fuck out of himself.

"We basically have the movie house to ourselves then, huh." I stated, my eyes fixating on the snoring man.

I didn't hear Nash respond to my comment so I turned to face him.

And he was already in thrall with me.

He chuckled to himself.

"Stop staring at me, you creep."

"I can't help it." He replied.

"Shush, the movie's starting!" I told him, causing him to chuckle rather loudly.

-------------------------------------------------

Fifteen minutes into the movie and I was already a mess.