ISAAC

If there is one thing Isaac Herst has learned from the past 16 years, it's to never admit to your mistakes. no matter how severe (or small) never admit to doing anything wrong.

So as isaac sits across his new guidance counselors desk, mentally cursing to himself as she goes through his file, he can't help but look over to his mother Verona, who has already encouraged him to lie about anything questioned.

"Isaac. I am aware that you were recently in the center of the media. I just want to let you know that that is nothing to be ashamed of, it's 2017 we as humans are more prog-"

"It's a lie." Mrs Galen is quickly interrupted by Verona.

Mrs Galen blinked. "excuse me?"

"The media. It's a lie. You know how they are these days. They will spread anything for a few more clicks," Verona simply explained.

Isaac kept his mouth shut. He knew better than to speak when he was not spoken to. His mother taught him that, she taught him a lot of things. Lying being a priority.

Of course, Verona would not considerate lying; more like acting. She always knew Isaac had a quality most hollywood actors lack; and if she was not so focused on pushing his modeling career forward she would have already been harassing him with multiple auditions.

"Okay then," Mrs Galen paused. She shuffled through a few papers in front of her, hastily tossing the ones she no longer needed aside. Isaac spotted a 'so you might be gay' pamphlet and rolled his eyes. He knows he is gay, he is just not allowed to discuss it with anyone but himself. After all, Hollywood already has too many gay male models, and another one would just take away from his 'wow' factor. Also, according to his mother, agencies owned by single middle age woman were most likely to hire straight male models.

"Well, anyway, Isaac's performance was amazing. As you may have figured, we do not normally allow students to audition in the middle of the school year, but when heard that Isaac Herst wanted to audition; well we just could not stop ourselves from agreeing. He will make an excellent addition to our school," Mrs Galen smiled as she handed Isaac a sheet. It was filled with a bunch of classes and room numbers, and Isaac figured it was his schedule.

"Well, thank you for allowing Isaac to audition. I'm sure he won't disappoint, he has been taking acting classes since he was in diapers. But he is a model, nonetheless, so if your photographers ever need a muse, they know where to find him," Verona advertised his time.

Isaac did not speak, but he was getting slightly irritated. It was one thing to get sent to some arts school (he was not a big fan of acting to begin with) but suggesting he spend any more time than he had to with these middle class students was not in his agenda. He just wanted to finish his junior year as quickly as possible so that he could convince his mother to move back to California. Manhattan was pretty, but it was definitely no Los Angeles, and Isaac was already starting to miss the warm weather.

"Well, there is one more thing before you leave..." Mrs Galen voice turned serious. "I was looking over Isaac's credits, and he currently does not have enough to pass Junior year. I'm unsure on how he passed to Junior year, actually."

Verona cleared her throat. "Well, the system is different here than in California."

"I'm sure it is," Mrs Galen replied. "But either way, at this rate Isaac is going to have to attend Summer school."

Verona sighed. "Is there an alternative? Like maybe an after school class or something? Now that Isaac is taking a break from modeling his after school schedule is clear, but he really can not do summer school."

"Well, there is one thing..." Mrs Galen slowly said. She shuffled through a group of papers before pulling out a form. "An after school activity, sort of a student council backup if you will. They'll basically be in charge of fixing anything the student council needs help with. It'll earn him an elective credit, as well as either an English or Math credit, depending on what he focuses on."