Chapter 18

Chapter 18:

                                *Marcel*

            “Beep….Beep…Beep…” I opened my eyes and was blinded by a bright, white light. Everything came into focus and I realized I was in a hospital bed with Harry sitting right beside me. He looked like a mess. His face was tear stained, he looked so tired, and his hair was an unruly mess, probably from running his fingers through it. “Hey, Marc.” His voice came out gravely and hoarse. “Did you save me?” I questioned. “Yes, I did. Marc, you are sooo lucky. You almost died. You promised mum and I that you were done hurting yourself.” Is he seriously giving me a lecture? “Why didn’t you just let me die?” I spoke angrily. I sounded so sad and desperate. Harry’s jaw dropped. “MARCEL! DON’T TALK LIKE THAT!” He took a deep breath to calm himself a bit before continuing. “Mum, Abbey, and I all love you so much, Marcel. We would all never be the same if you were gone.” His voice cracked and he looked like he was going to start crying again. “Harry, you don’t understand. My reason for living is gone.” “What?” He had a puzzled expression on his face. I explained everything that happened between Abbey and I. Both Harry and I were in tears before I was done. Harry slapped the back of my head. “OW! WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT FOR!?” I asked while rubbing my head. “You, my friend, are a true dumb arse.” Wow, Harry always knows exactly what to say. Note the sarcasm. “YOU DON’T THINK I KNOW THAT!?” I exclaimed in frustration. I buried my face in my hands as more tears escaped. “They’re sending you to stay at the psych ward for a while after you’re done healing.” Perfect.