Chapter 15

Chapter 15:

                              *Abbey*

            I’m just gonna come straight out and tell him. That’s the best way to go, right? Right now I’m pacing his room, waiting for Marcel to come home. The door to his room opened and he walked in. He gave me a kiss, “What’s wrong, Babe?” I froze. “Nothing.” I spoke sharply. He looked at me weird… he didn’t believe me. I took his hand and led him to his bed. “Marcel… I have to tell you something very important. Please take a seat.” He sat down on his bed with a very worried and concerned expression on his face. “What’s wrong? What’d I do!?” I swallowed, “You didn’t do anything, Babe. You have to promise you won’t react badly… This could be a very good thing.” He spoke up. “Abbey, please just tell me. You’re scaring me.” “Promise me, Marc.” “Okay, I promise.” “I-I’m…. I’m p-pregnant.” I stuttered. “YOU’RE WHAT!?” He stood up immediately. He paced back and forth in the room while pulling at his hair in frustration. Tears pooled in my eyes. I was trying to hold them in but one traitor tear escaped and the rest followed. He looked at me and hugged me. “Abbey, it’s okay…” Marcel started and I relaxed a bit because he was okay with it. “You can just get an abortion.” That was the last thing I expected to hear out of his mouth. I pulled away from him and looked at him  in disgust. “WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU!? I AM NOT GETTING RID OF MY BABY! IT’S A HUMAN BEING AND DESERVES TO LIVE JUST AS MUCH AS YOU AND I!” I shoved him away from me and turned to walk away but he grabbed my wrist. “WHAT’S WRONG WITH ME? I THINK THE REAL QUESTION WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU!? ABAGAIL,HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY THINK WE COULD HAVE A CHILD!? WE’RE EIGHTEEN YEARS OLD! WE JUST STOPPED BEING CHILDREN OURSELVES! I ALSO WON’T LET YOU DO THIS TO ME! HOW COULD YOU BE SO SELFISH! HARVARD IS MY FUTURE! IT IS WHAT I’VE LOOKED FORWARD TO MY WHOLE LIFE BUT IF YOU HAVE THIS- THIS THING THEN I’LL HAVE TO STAY HOME AND TAKE CARE OF IT WITH YOU AND I’D SOONER LEAVE YOU AND THE KID FOR HARVARD! THIS IS MY FUTURE!” I looked at him in disbelief. Did he really just say that? My tears poured down my face. “Well, you know what? Screw you, you Pig. Turns out I don’t want you anywhere near me or my baby…. And if you ever dare to call my baby a ‘thing’ ever again, I will end you. We’re done you got your wish so goodbye and go frick yourself. Have a nice life.” I walked out of his house with my head held high but the second I got to the end of the street I sat my pregnant arse down on the sidewalk and balled my eyes out. After sitting there for about an hour, I called Toni. It rang a few times then someone picked up. “Hey Abs! What’s up?” “T-Toni… c-can you p-please come g-get me?” “Abbey? Are you crying?” She paused for a moment. “WHAT DID THAT FRICKER DO I WILL KILL HIM!?” “Just please c-come get m-me and I’ll explain.” I choked out. “I’m on my way.”