Swapping Bodies

It was towards the end of the senior year that I came across my grandma's diary stashed at the bottom of an attic trunk.

It was full of instructions for weird and interesting ancient Indian rituals.

The most interesting of all was the one which helps the user's soul to swap bodies.

Me and my best friend decided to try it to get a taste of each others life for a week. Just for a week. I got to live the life of a mousy, studious, kind-of-cute girl whom everyone overlooks. And she got to live my life-the quintessential hot-rich-smart girl at the high school everyone wants to be.

It was fun. I enjoyed the quiet suburban life with a loving family. She was ecstatic at the sudden popularity and luxurious pampering. For six days, we both enjoyed the change.

On the seventh day morning, I was nervously pacing the school corridor waiting for her to turn up.
She was unusually late.

We finally got the news of the horrible accident during the language class. How the entire Smith family got killed in a freak road accident on the way to school.
The rest of the day went in a blur. I saw my own mangled body along with that of my parents, feeling nothing but a growing numbness inside me.

In the evening, I reached my new home where my new parents were waiting to console and comfort me. As I hugged my new mom and cried, I could finally feel relief.

The plan was successful..Grandma's predictions were right...Now its time to destroy that journal and move on with my new life...