chapter 3

The sound of continuous shots were heard in the shooting range. Nathan was practicing his usual shooting sessions and he was a good shot. he was taught shooting by his father at his very young age. During his training years he came top of the class by shooting all the targets right on the mark. Today was no different either. He had a perfect score as always.  

"you are one scary bastard you know that" . Nathan turned around and saw Gary leaning on the door .

"It is not my problem that you suck at shooting" Nathan smirked at Gary. Nathan knew Gary was not good with guns and whenever they competed he had lost to him terribly.

"yeah whatever princess. i came here to call you down . Beth has finished her analysis on the body and i think she has something for you" . Nathan desperately wanted something from her , something to get the case going. now all he had was road blocks and small intuitions.

Gary and Nathan started walking towards the lab . Beth was the forensic pathologist in their squad . she was smart and had a keen eye for things. Gary punched his shoulder and went his own way towards his lab. Nathan stood before Beth's lab and gave the door a little push.

Beth was standing there with a mask on her face , her dress covered by a long coat. her blonde hair was tied in to a single pony tail. she saw Nathan walking towards her and mentioned him to come beside the table.Nathan saw the body of grace laid on the table , the autopsy was already over .

"Give me something Beth. " Nathan knew Beth would have found something otherwise she wouldn't have told him to meet her.

"She was killed  by the cut to her neck. The death was swift and fast . She had bruises all over her body but it was not forced or anything. All of them are due to natural causes, the eyes were pierced out of her with a very  sharp knife. I mean very sharp . The reason for death is excessive bleeding due to the cut to her neck" Beth finished her analysis and removed her mask.

"Beth i already know all this what else can you give me" Nathan knew Beth would take time explaining all the minor details.

" Yeah i wanted to show you something . I don't know whether it will help you or not".  she uncovered the whole body and pointed her fingers to the stomach region. Nathan looked closer and his eyes widened. There was a number pierced on her stomach. It was not deeply cut but well enough so that the victim would feel pain and i was his message to the whole world. 

and it read

number one...........