Chapter 8

"Focus Rilez " I looked down and saw that Jessica was winning the chess game, I was spending time with Jessica and realised maybe she did leave for her own good. But she took all of the money and then my stepmother abused me thinking that I gave it to someone, she was so stupid. Tommarows Halloween but I don't think this prison does anything for it.
"BOO" I flinched and turned around to see Jasmine with white paint on her face. I rolled my eyes and continued playing with Jessica. Jasmine went beside me and turned the chess game over, all the pieces falling.

"What the fuck" I said standing up to Jasmine. She just smiled "Spend time with me perezme" her and her nicknames for people. I went pass her while Jessica followed and grabbed my arm turning me around "What?" I asked frustrated "Talk to her, ignoring her won't do anything" Jessica said. I looked back at Jasmine who was picking all the chess pieces up.

"Fine" I said giving up and pulling my  arm away I went to Jasmine and she looked up and smiled. "I'm sorry" she said trying to hug me I pulled away. Jessica pushed me into Jasmine and she hugged me. I looked back at Jessica and she smiled.

"I thought we trusted eachother" I said to Jasmine she looked away "I just trust Hailey more..."

"seriously!?" I walked away from her to Jessica who was shaking her head. and walked outside to see her. The person I never wanted to see, the person that ruined my whole life, the person I hated so much.

My stepmother. She was being forcibly and aggressively pushed with handcuffs. Her eyes met mine and she looked really shocked. I tryed to talk but I couldn't I was shocked also and full of anger. She ran up to me and slapped me. The guards tackled her and I backed away. "Riley you bitch how are you here!?" I went forward to stop the guards but Jessica pulled me back. I just stared at my her struggling to get out of the guards grip.

She spoke again "I will kill you Riley!" I was terrified, she was crazy. Jessica pulled me more back so it was a safe distance from me to my stepmother. She finally gave up and the guards pulled her to her cell. One guard was on the floor holding his face since she kicked him. She was crazy.

Jessica was holding my hand for comfort. Alex came running to see what happened but saw me and stared at Jessica and I's hand. She talked to a guard and then left to Kara of course. I walked over to the techinican room for my job and of course I had to face Alex since the guard paired me and Alex up, since she thought me and Beatrice were fooling around too much.

I walked over to Alex and standed beside her, Beatrice and everyone else looking at us. "Inmates, today we are going to be fixing a lamp again, since you guys failed last time" she said directly looking at me. I shrugged and looked at my lamp. It was a wreck, there was even foot marks on it cause Beatrice stepped on it. I had to restart 3 times already on this damn lamp.

I went to grab the screwdriver and Alex did the same and our hands touched eachother, her hand on top of mine. She glanced at me and I could see from the side of my eye her getting nervous. She pulled away first letting me having the screwdriver. I positoned the screwdriver but Alex stopped me. "You can get hurt like that, do it this away" she showed me another way but I took it from her and did it my way.

"ahhhhhh" I yelled holding my finger. Alex shook her head and took my finger blowing on it. I admired her but tore my eye away before she could catch me. 

Alex took the hammer and worked on it, she nailed it. She then took the screwdriver from my other hand and did her stuff. I looked to see Beatrice glancing between me and Alex smirking. I rolled my eyes. Alex nodded for me to press the button and I did so and the lamp turned on. I got excited even though I didn't do anything and started clapping, while an inmate told me to shutup.

"Alex and Riley let me see you please" a guard told us. We walked over to her "You guys are the best partners in this prison, you don't fight over the tools and you cooperate, I saw you Alex." The guard said to Alex smiling She then yelled at everyone to get out.

I walked inside the cafeteria and got my food walking to Beatrice,Jessica,Jasmine,Sandy,Maria and Alex. The only spot was next to Alex, Beatrice knew and sat beside Alex. I knew Alex was sad but she tries  hard to hide her feelings. Maria put her arm around me "Perezy wassup" I raised my eyebrows "im fine". I glanced at the doors and saw my stepmother come in, she looked everywhere probably trying to find me. She found me and I went closer to Maria. She walked towards me and slammed her hand on the table, I flinched. Jessica glared, Maria pulled me closer, Beatrice was whispering to Sandy, Sandy was agreeing to Beatrice, Jasmine slammed her hand on the table copying her, Alex was just eating.

And me, I was frightend "Give me your food, I don't wanna stand in line!" She yelled at me. I pushed the food tray towards her and Alex pushed it back, "Take my food" my stepmother took her food and she laughed quietly. "What are you laughing at Alex?' Alex replied "I spit in my food"