Hello mother

Now being twenty-two and a mother to a three year old I have made it my goal to protect him from everything. Like Lao's father he has inherited airbending, sometimes I am asked about Zaheer but I hold off on telling him everything. I have almost visited Zaheer but stopped myself because it was to much stress for me to handle. I have become a stronger waterbender and I spend some of my time helping young waterbenders learn how to bend.

"Mama Aunty Lin is here to talk to you." Leo said happily.

I smiled as I stopped my class and left to talk to my old friend. When Lin saw me she smiled as she hugged me.

"Hey how are you?" I asked softly.

"Good.... I came to tell you Korra is back and she is asking about you.... I haven't told her anything but know that Suyin and the twins where captured and we are making a plan to rescue them." She explained.

"Let's go." I said as I picked up Lao.

"Mama where we goin?" He asked softly.

"You are getting to meet Aunty Korra." I said smiling down at him.

We walked to the air temple where we saw Mako training. He stopped as soon as he saw me and Lao. Mako rushed over to hug me and my son.

"I missed you." He said hugging is.

"I have missed you also." I said as Lao hugged Mako.

We made it inside and saw Korra talking to all of them. She turned around and a smile broke on her face as she ran to hug me.

"I missed you so much." She whispered into my ear.

"I want you to meet my son Lao." I said smiling at her.

"Hi I am Korra." She said as he smiled at her happily.

"So what's been going on?"

"I went to see Zaheer..... he wants to see you.... that's the only way he will help me." She said sadly.

"Then I guess I have to go." I said with a sigh.

I soon left to where he was being kept. I softly walked into the room to see him floating. I stopped near him and sighed.

"So what can I do for you Zaheer?" I asked softly.

"You came." He whispered.

"Yes I did.... now what do you want?"

"Is our son with you?" He asked as he dropped to the floor.

"No.... you only told her you wanted to see me." I said looking at him.

"I wanted to meet him.... and see you." He said as he walked over to me.

"Sorry but no I won't allow you to mess with his mind."

He made it in front of me and moved his hand to touch my cheek. I moved back and saw him look at me sadly.

"Please just let me touch your face so.... so I know your real and not a dream." He begged.

I sighed as I moved over to him and allowed his hand to gently touch my cheek. He sighed happily as he moved his hand away.

"What's his name?" He asked softly.

"Lao..... after my grandfather." I said calmly.

"Does..... does he look like you or me?"

"Both he... has my eyes and your face." I said softly.

"Good.... can I meet him sometime?" He asked softly.

"I.... I don't know.. I don't know if I should let him meet you when your in here... I'll think about it."

"Can I kiss you?"

"Whenever you get out you can." I said as I walked away.

I heard him laugh a little as I left the room. I made it to my house and saw my son playing with Lin who looked at me sadly.

"Hello Suva." A voice said from behind me.

"Hello Mother." I said as I turned to see her standing in front of me.

I was sixteen and training with Aunty when I saw Zuko walk over to me.

"Suva may I talk to you about something?" He asked softly.

"Of course sir." I said softly.

"How are you handling your father's death?" He asked softly.

"Fine.... I am fine he maybe gone but I am fine with it he was a warrior who fought for his people." I said softly.

"It's alright to miss him."

"I know but I don't because I am a warrior like him and I will not cry for him." I said as I walked away.