Chapter 19

Date: June 29th 1887

I grabbed the small bag I was going to take with me that had the essential things we needed. I looked around my chamber one last time then walked towards the window where I used to sit there reading a book or mesmerizing the beautiful night. I sighed heavily and opened the door then poked my head out of the door frame to see if anyone was in the hallway. I was sure everyone was already asleep because it was an hour passed midnight. I closed the door of my chamber and made my way down the hallway towards Edlyn's chamber. I knocked softly on the door and whispered "It's Minhyun." She immediately opened the door to face me.

She had a small suitcase in her hand and I took it out of her hands as I asked her "Are you sure you didn't forget anything?" She shook her head and closed the door behind her. "We should get going." I told her and she nodded. We walked down the stairs towards the front gates. As we arrived in the garden I grabbed her hand and we started running but unfortunately we were stopped by someone yelling "Stop right there or I'll kill you!" I knew who that voice belonged to and I sighed heavily before turning around. His eyes went wide and said as he was stuttering "Take off your cape." He was referring to Edlyn. She let go of my hand and removed it from over her head. He put his sword down and looked at me with sadness filled in his eyes.

"Take care, I won't tell anyone." Dongho said genuinely but I could tell he was hurt because I was suffering. He looked around to make sure no one was around and then walked passed the front gates. He looked around left and right then said "The coast is clear. Be careful." He bowed slightly for Edlyn. "How did you know?" I asked him confused because of his actions. "The way you two look at each other it's obvious that love is floating around you two." He said as he was smiling weakly. "Everyone knows that because of how you two treat each other. Especially because you used to be very harsh on her at first but then you became soft on her little by little." He added. I smiled at him and so did Edlyn."Go on before anyone sees you." He said and he pushed me slightly forward. I grabbed Edlyn's hand and told him "Take care." After that we ran out of the castle not knowing exactly where we were going. I looked back at him and saw that he was standing just looking at us as we disappeared out of his sight.

We made it to the forest and I placed my jacket on the ground for her to sit down so she could rest. "We'll stay here for a while then make it to the dock to get on a ship that goes to any country that is far from here." I told her. She looked up at me and asked "Will we ever get caught?" I crouched down to be on the same level as her and placed my palms on her cheeks as I stroked her skin with my thumbs. "I have everything planned nothing will ruin my plans. Don't worry." I told her. "If you're afraid or want to change your decision we can go back now before anyone wakes up." I added. She shook her head. "I don't want you to regret your decision." I said wanting to make sure that she'll be happy. "I'll regret not running away with you. So don't you worry about me."

I placed a small kiss on her forehead and sat down next to her. She placed her head on my shoulder and we stayed like that until dawn arrived which meant there was no turning back. "We did it. We can't go back. We finally decided to live our lives the way we want." She suddenly said as she was staring at the sun that was rising. I smiled at the thought that we'll finally be together with no one trying to stop us or pull us away from each other.

"Let's get going the ship will leave at six." I told her as I stood up then extended my hand out for her to take which she did happily. I picked up our things and locked our fingers together. We sprinted out of the forest to the dock to make sure we didn't miss it. We arrived there and I saw people crowded around the door but they were stopped because of a man saying "There's a problem with the ship if you are in a hurry there's other docks around the country so make your way there because it's going to take days to fix the problem with the engines." I grabbed her hand and we ran out of the scene towards a carriage. I stopped a carriage and told the man to take us to Pest towards the Slovakia boarders. It was the closest country to us, I wanted for us to get out of the country as soon a possible. The man denied us by saying that he couldn't go too far even after I tried to convince him.

"We should should get going." I told her as I kept dragging her towards the North. "Minhyun how can we get there if no carriage won't leave the city? We can't just walk towards the boarders." She said as she tried to stop me from walking. "We might as well try instead of sitting here until we get caught." I said and she didn't say anything else. At that moment I thought to myself that we would find away but little did I know that my luck became worse and worse by every moment that passed by.