29 - Shiro

Sorry for the late update but enjoy :)
Point out errors as you go, please!
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

There was a fine line between realism and fantasy.

In his fantasy, Shiro always pictured himself as a normal boy. He would have been playing catch with his loving father in the front lawn of their home in a safe neighborhood as his sisters and mother sat inside laughing together. He wouldn't have ever gotten that scar across his face that reminded him of the pain he lived through as a child. He would go to college on a baseball scholarship with a beautiful girlfriend who loved him dearly. Maybe when he turned twenty-three he would propose to her. He would have done it in a way where he brought her out for a clichéd night where they had fancy Italian food then went out for a walk beneath the stars near a fountain and stand there for a moment. He would lean in close to kiss her before taking a knee to show her the ring he had worked so hard for.

She would have said yes and jumped into his arms in tears, they would definitely laugh about this in their older years. They'd have a child right after their honeymoon in Japan, they would name him Hiro and have a daughter soon after named Yuki. Their children would go on to be successful in life and make him and his wife proud parents. He would have died as a happy and normal person. He would have died with a smile.

Though, a fantasy will always be that won't it? It will always remain fictitious, fake, faux; a chimera. No matter how much he tried to dream or wish the fantasy to come to life, reality always won over. Instead of the picket fence and lemonade block party childhood, Shiro had wished for as a child, he had gotten the polar opposite. His home was nice and so was the neighborhood but the game of catch was never part of it. There was a game though, it wasn't something any child should have played with their father.

It was called the quiet game. He was never allowed to tell his mother or his sisters about what happened in the basement which was his father's workshop. If he did the game would have gotten harsher than it had been before. He broke that rule one time in all his life and what he got from it was the scar that covered his face.

His father had pinned him down and carved it into his face even as Shiro cried and begged for mercy, then his sister was forced to endure a punishment Shiro had been dealing with for most of his life. Their innocent childhood was stolen from them and his happiness was stripped away. Instead of nights where his parents would read bedtime stories to him; his mother would rush into his room every time he woke up screaming, writhing in the pain of his own memories and tears streaming down his face.

His mother would fall to alcoholism as a coping mechanism for the fact her husband had raped and abused her son and daughter without her ever knowing. Instead of living a normal childhood, Shiro was forced into adulthood at the age of fourteen where he managed to get into the academy on a baseball scholarship. One good thing came from all this.

He had met the girl of his dreams. She had given him a gentle smile on his first day as a freshman back when her hair had been a poofy mess. She had skin dark as chocolate and eyes as bright as the mountain flowers in Virginia. Her smile was like sunshine, it warmed the coldest parts of his heart and gave him something he had been missing for a long time; hope.

He got to hold her hand for the first time after they kissed. They fell on his bed and continued to show one another their love for each other until he cried from the memories love could never erase. All of that led to this point; the point where her innocence had been stripped away. The moment she had become deflowered.

He had rummaged around his house, tripping over a stray bottle of alcohol his mother had left out on the floor while she was off at work, just so he could find something that held value to him. When he was younger, his child therapist had given him something worth a thousand words yet she only used one.