Chapter 1

***Author note***

Yes, all the characters belong to Veronica Roth etc etc, also, obviously she owns the origional storyline, my work is mine though, and is a continuation of the first book in the seires as if the end of it, and the other two never happened. I hope you enjoy! Please comment if I should write more, and vote as well if you like it! This starts from the point where Tris goes to bed the night after the celebrations. No war, or Jeanine's simulation. Haooy reading. :)

Chapter 1

I wake up the next morning feeling deadly nervous. I have no idea what job I am going to choose. I know for certain I want to train initiates, but that's only once a year! I have to choose something else. I'm considering working in the control room with Tobias, but I'm not sure if I want to do that because he works there, or because I honestly want to work there. I get dressed, and walk to the train. It comes and I jump on. I sat as the train cycled the city looking out at the life I have left behind, not that I regret it... much. No! Bea... Tris Prior! You are Tris now, Dauntless, ranked first, lucky enough to have the best boyfrend you could possibly have. Only six fears. I have to consider that now, too. Should I get the initiates to call me six, or is that copying. No, Tris is my name now, I'm not getting them to call me six. No Beatrice, just Tris. I see that I'm nearing the roof I jumped on when I first came here. I was scared, brave, Divergent. That word is dangerous, I shoudn't think it. It dosen't matter any more. I am getting closer and closer to the roof. I count down. Three, two, one... GO! And I jump. I don't think of anything but the rush I feel when flying through the air. It's amazing! I jand and roll to my feet. I'm improving at that. Jumping on and off trains. I walk over to the edge and look down. "There is a net at the bottom." I whisper to myself. And jump. It feels as exciting as the first time. Before I know it I am safely at the bottom, and a flood of memories come back to me. The choosing ceremony, jumping the first time, the look on my father's face when I chose Dauntless, and the moment I first saw Four. When he pulled me down from this net. I laugh when I remember how intimidating he was back then. It was only a few weeks ago, but it seems like longer. Everything has changed so fast. I suddenly realise I don't have much time left, and also that I haven't chosen a job yet. Then suddely I decide, it's perfect, maybe... just maybe, everyone will be able to enter Dauntless nex year. I hope so. I hope...