CHAPTER EIGHT: CAFES & CRACKS

Angel Coulby as Diana Roberts is featured in this chapter:

March 18th, 2005

"OH WOW. WHOA. SO DO YOU HAVE A BLOOD FETISH? DO I CALL YOU DRACULA IN BED NOW?"

Ingrid nearly blinks at the underwhelming reaction and then chalks it up to her newest lover's naturally calm demeanor. Diana was one of those girls. Charming and sharp when you first met them, and then soft and playful once you familiarized yourself with her.

Diana Roberts was gorgeous, and she knew it. She was confident in her looks, and she needed no reassurance (although, she had no lack of it. Men and women's gazes always lingered on her wherever and whenever she frequented.) She had a creamy caramel skin tone, with honey brown eyes and dark brown curls that fell to her back. She was lucky enough to possess dark and long eyelashes, with sharp, full eyebrows that women of this decade longed for. Diana was entrancing in the most hypnotizing way, and Ingrid relished in it. She is the one mortal that has managed to captivate Ingrid's attention for this long and hold it. A feat only accomplished by one other. Katerina Petrova.

Ingrid can't help the small comparisons she makes between the two. Katerina was much meeker at the time, however circumstance and time period and age were the only reasons so. However, she possessed a quiet strength and hunger for survival that many people (including Ingrid herself) underestimate upon meeting her. Katerina desired life, above everything else. It's almost ironic. Ingrid wishes someone could've told her that life as a dead woman, is not true life at all.

Diana is bold, charming, and educated. She argues with Ingrid, something Katerina had never dared do. Katherine, on the other hand, was a different story. It is strange how she considered them two different entities, despite the fact that they were the same person. It irks Ingrid that her mind wanders to Kateri-Katherine? still, despite everything. She resolves to dig herself so deep in Diana that there is no room for the Petrova doppelgänger whatsoever. And she believes it's almost possible.

She's a fool.

"Hello?"

Ingrid is jerked back to the present situation. A content, minuscule cafe located in New York City. The place she had first encountered the beautiful human. It's petite, seating three people to the four tables bunched within a five foot vicinity of each other. It's a cute, little rendezvous spot the two of them always met at whenever they needed to discuss something important. Which made it especially appropriate that the two of them were here today. They were discussing something crucial.

Ingrid's vampirism.

She had initially hesitated upon discussing this topic with her newest partner but decided against keeping it a secret. She planned to turn Diana eventually, once she was truly ready, and live the rest of their days out happily. Ingrid's still naive, as she's always been. She believed that she would still have a chance at happiness, however slim.