Chapter 11

Up top is a visual of Cherrystar! :)

"Let all cats, old enough to climb trees, gather around to hear my words!" At Cherrystar's words, Fernwhisper climbed out of her nest and slowly padded next to Reedthicket to the center of the clearing.

"Last night, Amberleaf-"

Amberleaf? She got her full Medicine Cat name!

"-received a vision and Starclan told her to find the other clans." Her voice was drowned out by Fernwhisper's clanmates yowling out questions and protests.

"Leave? Now?"

"This is our home! We can't leave it, we just can't."

"The other clans? You mean Firestar and Sandstorm, from the stories?" Meadowkit squeaked excitedly.

Cherrystar raised her tail for silence and every cat turned to her, "Amberleaf says Firestar is dead, but we need to find his descendants and former clanmates."

A couple of cats gasped, "Firestar's dead?"

"Yes he spoke to me in Starclan." Amberleaf said, "He told me to 'Seek the other side of the flames. And I've finally figured out what he meant.

I found about where the fire started and saw the way to Barley's barn. There, Barley will tell us how to get to the Clans."

Excited murmurs rippled through Skyclan as the cats took in what Amberleaf had said.

"Amberleaf, Fidgetfoot! Are we fit to travel?" Cherrystar asked her medicine cats.

"We will be in about a half moon to one moon." Fidgetfoot responded.

* * *

The next moon was a flurry of activity. Amberleaf and Fidgetfoot mostly prepared the herbs they would need for traveling. Meadowkit was now Meadowpaw and was apprenticed to Fernwhisper while Fallowpaw was apprenticed to Prinkleleap. Fernwhisper often felt sorry for Meadowpaw and Fallowpaw, for now both of their parents were either dead or missing. She imaged how she would feel like that and shivered, hoping it wouldn't come to that.

One night, Cherrystar called a clan meeting and announced that everything and everyone was prepared and ready to go.

"Everyone ready?" She mewed loudly.

"Yes!" Everyone started to pad away from the clearing and toward the spot Amberleaf had seen.

"Are you coming, Meadowpaw?" Fernwhisper called.

"Yes, coming!" Meadowpaw replied excitedly.

"Alright then, come on before you turn into crow-food!" Fernwhisper retorted.

As Cherrystar led the Skyclan cats out of the makeshift camp, Reedthicket padded up to Fernwhisper and Meadowpaw, who were trudging slowly. "Fernwhisper, I, uh, was wondering if you wanted to hunt together once we get to Barley's, where ever that is?"

"Sure." She mewed gladly, butterflies coming alive in her chest.

"Ok, thanks," He raised his tail happily as he brisked away back towards Prinkleleap and Fallowpaw in the back of the group of cats.

I can't wait! Fernwhisper thought. They padded through the scorched forest until they came to a blackened tree stump.

"This is the spot!" Amberleaf exclaimed. "This is the way to Barley's barn right?" She mewed, turning to Bellaleaf. She and her brother, Rileypool, had come with Barley and Ravenpaw, Firestar's old friend. Rileypool had died of an unknown sickness that not even Frecklewish, Fidgetfoot's former mentor, could cure.