Romeo and Juliet

Mr. Schuester clapped enthusiastically as he walked on stage, grinning at the Glee Club. All of the students seemed confused, seeing as they usually started their weekly lessons in the choir room.

"Good afternoon. Now, you might be thinking, 'why are we here, Mr. Schue?' Well, to be honest, this week is not going to involve singing." He said, earning, even more, looks of confusion at his words.

"Mr. Shue, if I may, it is completely and utterly wrong to deny my fellow classmates the ability to listen to my wonderful voice-"

"Shut it, dwarf." Santana cut Rachel off, the Latina rolling her eyes when Rachel glared at her. Kurt snickered, his hand intertwined with Blaine's as they stood to the side of Quinn and Artie.

"Anyway, since only Rachel and Blaine got real lead roles in West Side Story, I thought we could do some readings of Romeo and Juliet, the original."

"Finn and I would love to go first!" Rachel interrupted, grinning widely as Finn looked at her in shock.

"Well, you will be going much later since you got Maria, Rachel," This caused her to frown, "but, I thought Mercedes and Sam could go first." Mercedes and Sam both shook their heads adamantly.

"No, thanks, Mr. Schue, I wanted Maria but I'm not into the whole 'fancy speech' goin' on in Shakespeare's writing."

"I just don't like it," Sam added. Kurt raised his hand and Mr. Schue looked at him.

"Can Blaine and I go first?" Kurt asked, tilting his head as Blaine nodded.

"Um, sure Kurt. I'm guessing you want to be Juliet?" He asked as he handed them the scripts. Kurt's eyes narrowed and he hummed.

"No." He snapped, watching as Mr. Schue took a step back in surprise. "I'm not a girl, Mr. Schue." He and Blaine took center stage, and Blaine seemed to have to problem with being Juliet as he smiled at his boyfriend who immediately got into character, starting to read his part of the balcony scene perfectly.

"But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun. Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon, who is already sick and pale with grief, that thou her maid art far more fair than she: Be not her maid, since she is envious; Her vestal livery is but sick and green and none but fools do wear it; cast it off. It is my lady, O, it is my love! O, that she knew she were! She speaks yet she says nothing: what of that? Her eye discourses; I will answer it. I am too bold, 'tis not to me she speaks: Two of the fairest stars in all the heaven, having some business, do entreat her eyes to twinkle in their spheres till they return. What if her eyes were there, they in her head? The brightness of her cheek would shame those stars, as daylight doth a lamp; her eyes in heaven would through the airy region stream so bright that birds would sing and think it were not night. See, how she leans her cheek upon her hand! O, that I were a glove upon that hand, that I might touch that cheek!"

Blaine spoke then, "Ay me!"

"She speaks: O, speak again, bright angel! for thou art as glorious to this night, being o'er my head as is a winged messenger of heaven unto the white-upturned wondering eyes of mortals that fall back to gaze on him when he bestrides the lazy-pacing clouds and sails upon the bosom of the air.

"O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name; Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love, and I'll no longer be a Capulet."

"Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?"

"'Tis but thy name that is my enemy; Thou art thyself, though not a Montague." Blaine pronounced it like Mon-tague, like vague.

"Mon-tay-gyu..." Kurt corrected, making Blaine fumble before he continued.

"What's Montague?" He said it wrong again and Kurt corrected him once more, "it is nor hand, nor foot, nor arm, nor face, nor any other part belonging to a man. O, be some other name! What's in a name? that which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet; So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd, retain that dear perfection which he owes without that title. Romeo, doff thy name, and for that name which is no part of thee take all myself."

"I take thee at thy word: Call me but love, and I'll be new baptized; Henceforth I never will be Romeo."

"What man art thou that thus bescreen'd in night so stumblest on my counsel?"

They continued on for a few minutes without any hiccups as Rachel wiped a tear, their performance bringing her to tears.

"Well, do not swear: although I joy in thee, I have no joy of this contract to-night: It is too rash, too unadvised, too sudden; Too like the lightning, which doth cease to be ere one can say 'It lightens.' Sweet, good night! This bud of love, by summer's ripening breath, may prove a beauteous flower-"

"Beauteous." Kurt interrupted once more, correcting his boyfriend. Blaine sighed in exasperation and threw his hands up.

"Dammit, Romeo, this is why our relationship isn't working!" He huffed, causing everyone to stare at him. His face broke into a small smile before both he and Kurt were laughing hysterically, slowly followed by the rest of the Glee club.