Safe Haven

Kurt dated Karofsky for a few years and it was a very abusive relationship, Blaine helped him out of it and they've been dating for a few months...

     Kurt gave a delighted sigh as he laid his head on Blaine's shoulder, curled up at his side as they watched TV. Blaine's hand absentmindedly rubbed his arm, which only helped to relax the brunet more. A few more minutes of the Sound of Music and Kurt started to sit up.

     "I'm going to get some water, want anything?" He asked kindly, earning a smile from his hazel-eyed boyfriend.

     "Sure, I'll have a soda," He nodded and then Kurt was off to the kitchen. He grabbed a glass from the cabinet and set it on the counter before heading to the fridge to grab the water pitcher and a can of coke for Blaine. After setting both down next to the glass, he went to retrieve the ice tray. He hummed to himself all the while, not noticing as his hand trailed too far toward his glass and knocked it from the surface of the counter. 

     Blaine heard the glass shatter from the other room and was up in an instant to make sure his boyfriend was all right. When he got to the kitchen, Kurt was on his knees next to the shards--trying desperately to snatch them all up. His back was to Blaine, but he could still see the blood already staining his hands. 

     "Kurt-" He started, kneeling down beside him and resting a hand on his back. It was then that the paler male froze, a sob catching in his throat. Blaine could now see the tears running down his face in waves and his heart broke.

     "I-I'm sorry, I didn't... I didn't mean to. It... it was an a-accident," He choked out, flinching when Blaine raised a hand to wipe his tears. He figured it out all at once; Kurt thought he was going to be punished. His heart broke as he gently removed the glass from his hands and gathered him in his arms.

     "Shh, it's okay. I'll never hurt you, sweetheart. It wasn't your fault, we can just clean it up. Don't worry..." He shushed him as he started sobbing into his chest. Blaine picked him up as he cried, steadily rubbing his back as he carried him to the bathroom and set him on the counter.

     "Let me see your hands, honey," He said softly and Kurt obliged, showing his cut-up palms. The worst was his left hand, so Blaine started by cleaning that one as Kurt silently watched him and cried. By the time he was all wrapped up, though, he tears had stopped.

     "There," He kissed each one of his fingertips, "No problem," Then he smiled brightly at the brunet who sniffed and pulled his own, hesitant smile.

     "I'm sorry for overreacting," He mumbled, but Blaine just shook his head.

     "You didn't overreact. You just are used to reacting like that, and that's not your fault. But really, I hope one day I can completely get rid of what that horrible guy did to you. You deserve all the happiness in the world, and I swear I'm gonna do my damndest to give it to you."