I Do

Kurt fidgeted nervously with his fay bow tie as he stared into the mirror before him, biting his lip and taking a few deep breaths. Rachel stepped up from behind him, touching his shoulder and turning him to face her as she smiled encouragingly.

     "Relax, Kurt," She soothed, smoothing his shoulders and adjusting his blazer, "You look amazing. Pink was definitely the way to go with the shirt." She finished while intertwining their fingers, squeezing his hand. 

     "Rachel, that's not what I'm worried about." He sighed in frustration, shaking his head. "I'm afraid Blaine will back out." Rachel frowned and shook her head adamantly.

     "Nope. Kurt, you cannot think like that. Blaine and you have been through hell and back since high school, and you both love each other more than anything. He would do anything for you, just like I know you'd do anything for him. You two are going to get married, and grow old. No ifs, ands, or buts." She grinned dreamily at the thought as the door swung open and Mercedes strutted into the room. She was dressed in her light pink, sleeveless dress that hugged her curves and flowed out at the waist. Rachel's dress was similar to her prom dress, a mermaid style but it was smooth.

      Brittany and Santana walked in soon after Mercedes. All the girls' hair was curled and loose, and the married couple's dresses matched.  They were the same light pink, with long sleeves that were fitted to their arms. The chest was low cut, but not scandalous. The skirts flowed just like Mercedes but instead of reaching the floor, they stopped at the knees. Kurt had designed all the dresses especially for each girl, and he had to admit they'd come out beautifully. 

     "Kurtie, why do you look so sad? A unicorn shouldn't be sad on their wedding day!" Brittany chirped, skipping over to the pale boy who smiled at her words.

     "I was just worrying, Britt. But don't worry, I'm not sad." He assured her, taking her hand and squeezing it. She grinned and handed him a bouquet of light pink roses.

     "Good, because it's showtime Hummel," Santana smirked, earning an excited squeal from Rachel. Kurt nodded numbly, his heart starting to pound in his ears. The girls lead him into the hall where Burt was stood waiting for him. His dad smiled when he saw his son, and Kurt was sure he saw tears swimming in his eyes. He stopped next to him as the girls started their practiced routine down the aisle.

     "I'm so proud of you bud. Your whole life you've struggled with acceptance and who you are, and here you are! Getting married. God, I'm so happy for you." He cried a little, hugging his son who was holding back his own tears.

      "Thank you for believing in my happiness dad. I love you so much." He said into his shoulder, feeling his dad pat his back lovingly.

      "Your happiness is one of the most important things to me, bud. I've always wanted to see you grow up and marry the person who cherishes and loves you for you." He replied, pulling away and wiping his eyes. "Now, let's get you married." He grinned, letting Kurt hold his elbow. They walked out onto the gazebo overlooking the lake, the warm, spring air humming with life as all eyes fell on the pair. Only one set of eyes mattered to Kurt at that moment. Warm honey met blue-green ocean as Kurt gazed at the man he loved.

     Blaine was dressed in a dark blue suit that Kurt had designed for him, and it made his olive skin absolutely glow in the sun. The younger man was holding back tears as he watched Kurt and Burt walk arm-in-arm down the aisle, and when they reached where he stood-- Burt passed Blaine his son's hand with a smile. After patting Blaine on the shoulder, Burt stood in between the couple. Kurt passed his bouquet to Rachel and glanced at Finn and Cooper, who were stood next to his soon-to-be-husband, both smiling brightly at him. Cooper pointed his finger at the paler boy and winked, earning a chuckle as Burt began to speak.

     "Friends, family, random people who probably have never met the happy couple," That earned soft laughter throughout the crowd of seated guests, "We are gathered here today to witness the joining of two hearts, as one. Blaine and Kurt have gone through a lot of heartaches to get where they are today, and the decision to marry is not a light one. By marrying they are promising to accept each other, as friends, lovers, and everything in between. They promise to share responsibilities and to work on any faults they may have.

     Do you both swear to share your lives openly with one another, and to speak the truth in love? Do you promise to honor and tenderly care for one another, cherish and encourage each other, stand together, through sorrows and joys, hardships and triumphs for all the days of your lives?" He smiled at the two boys in front of him. Kurt and Blaine both smiled warmly at each other.

     "We do." They responded in unison, hands holding each other's hands. Burt continued, clasping his hands.

     "Blaine, please repeat after me; I Blaine, promise to love and support you, Kurt and live each day with kindness, understanding, truth, humor, and passion. With this ring, I thee wed." 

     Blaine took Kurt's wedding band from the holder and took his hand as he spoke, "I Blaine, promise to love and support you, Kurt and live each day with kindness, understanding, truth, humor, and passion. With this ring, I thee wed." He kissed Kurt's fingers when he finished.

     "Kurt, repeat after me; I Kurt, promise to love and support you, Blaine and live each day with kindness, understanding, truth, humor, and passion. With this ring, I thee wed." 

     Kurt repeated the vows, slipping Blaine's wedding band on and squeezing his hand with a smile.

     "I now pronounce you husband and husband, you may now kiss the groom." Burt smiled, watching as Blaine leaned forward to press his lips to Kurt's....

     Kurt was shocked awake by the jarring sound of his alarm clock, and he rolled over in his cold bed as tears started pouring down his face. The dream was the wedding he'd once wished for and still did despite the fact Blaine was gone. He had been for years, ever since the day he lost to the wounds of a car crash.