3

I woke up with a weird feeling. Something was missing. Just.. I wasn't quite sure what. I got out of the bed and walked down. On the stairs I met Portia
-Good Morning! Coffee?-she greeted me and offered me a cup. I nodded and took it, leaving to my room. When I got there again, I sat on a chair and looked through the window. I thought about the dream with Julian. And sudden Asras appearing. What did he meant I need to talk? Hm. Let's wait for the evening to know that.
I stayed like this, thinking about both of them until evening. I didn't notice how time passed. Suddenly, knocking. Quick, short.
Portia
-Everything okay?Can I come in?-she peeked in
-Of course-I replied
She closed the doors and sat on the bed
-Tell me about Julian-she asked
-What?-I jumped with the sudden question, and the name of his
-Oh come on, about my brother. I know, that you hold somekind of relationship with him-she winked and giggled.
-We're just friends..-I said quietly
-Yeah right.. Anyway, tell me at least something about him!
I started talking: about the evening in the garden, a run from palace guards, wall climbing, his reaction when Asra didn't want to let me go. She listened with eyes and ears wide open.
-That evening in the garden sounded so.. Romantic~ -she said when I finished my story
-Not much of romance..
-But you still slept in one bed. And Ilya was holding you close, hugging you-she smirked
-There weren't any other beds..-I felt myself blush
-What about a sofa? Or ground?
-I didn't let--oops..-I stared at the ground and burned
-Haha, I said it-Portia started jumping-you like him! He likes you!-her smile was as wide as the Nile
-Maaaaybeee-I got up and standed next to the window, hoping it would calm my burning cheeks.
Portia laughed and left, saying I should get ready for the party. When she left, I got away from the window and started dressing up the dress Nadia gave me.
I hope Jules won't go crazy and come here.
When I finished, I looked at the mirror. I felt kinda weird. Again, the empty feeling, something missing.
When I heard music I walked down ot the main places. There were already a lot of people. With eyes I searchd for familiar heads or backs of them, because everyone was with masks. When I found Asra, I somehow got to him.
-I hope, you aren't mad at me..-he started
-Forgiven-I sighed
-Let's go sit. I want to tell you something.
When we got to the first free sofa we found, both of us fell on it.
-I'm leaving soon again.
My eyes darted in him, I slowly started panicking.
-It's okay, don't panic. I'm leaving for a week or two, to Prakra. I have some..bussiness there.
-At least not that far..-I felt myself sigh
-Do you want to come together?-suddenly Asra offered
-I don't think so.. When are you leaving?
-Tomorrow morning.
I sighed and went to the food stands for some water. Everyone wanted champagne, so I quietly chuckled
-Not the one to drink?
I froze. That voice. What? How? Maybe that's not him.
I turned around quickly.
It was him:tall, with dark red hair and a grey eye. But with totaly different clothes and a mask. Probably thats why no one noticed him.
-How are you here..?
-Mask. And another name. I'm here Arthtur-he laughed quietly. I chuckled also. Only one question left.
-How did you understood that I was here? I mean under all these masks and stuff..
-Those golden locks I'd recognise anywhere
I swear, he smirked under his mask
-Come-I took his hand and walked off. He didn't mind
When we got to my room, I took off my mask. Julian did the same. And smiled with his charming smile. Emptiness inside me was quickly filled with butterflies. When I opened the door, both of us rolled in.
And yes, I wouldn't have known that's him if not his voice or hair. He was wearing his leather boots and a dark purple costume. His mask was a raven with a couple pretty feathers
"The barkeep says, more than anyone I have the most common features with a raven.."
Suddenly, I heard him inviting me to sit on my bed. Once I sat, I immeadiately was covered in his arms. I blushed deeply and he just chuckled.
The butterflies inside of me multiplied like a 100 times. And got very active. Very.
Jules let me go, and I placed my head on his shoulder. He smirked but asked
-Are you cold?
I nodded. He quickly covered me with his coat and pulled me closer. I thought I'd explode. Butterflies went insane.
Suddenly, Julian sat up straightly and got tense. He listened. I also pulled my ears and heard it.
Someone was coming.
He quickly pulled his mask over, I did the same. And by that moment Portia came in. When she saw us, she blushed slightly and left. With a sorry. I stopped her. She may tell someone something, I didn't want to risk it.
-I-It's okay, I can wait-she was panicking
-It's okay. Come in.
I felt Jules tense more. I blenched. Portia sat on my chair and looked at us. I felt myself slightly blush.
-Soo..-she started- who is he?
-This is, uh, Arthur. My friend
-Is he a replacement for Ilya while you're here?-she smirked
-No, uh..
-Well, why are you hugging eachother then?
-I was cold..
"Arthur" nodded
-Yeah, right.. Ha
-I wouldn't take him instead of Julian-I suddenly said. I felt how long, strong and graceful fingers squeeze my shoulder. Gently.
-Ha, I believe it. You like Ilya too much-she laughed out and ran out. I felt myself burn. Neither of us dared to take off our masks. Suddenly, Julian said:
-We should, uh, go to the main places..
I nodded. When we got there, Asra came out of nowhere and took me away. I didn't want to leave Julian, but I couldn't let Asra know he's here. I just looked at him. Our sad gazes met. Suddenly, with one twirl of his coat, he was gone.
Later, the whole evening I felt like shit. I wanted to stay with Julian, I wanted to stroke his hair, lie in his coat, in his arms. Nothing else. Also the fact, that he's free. He isn't guilty.
I remembered the first time we met. When he appeared behind me, I was afraid and tried to run. He quickly grabbed mt wrist and pulled to himself, and pressed me to his chest. From then I knew I'll always remember him, his scent-cinamon, coffee, slight drop of liquer and some healing herbs. I'll always remember his voice-warm, comfy and gentle.
Of course, when we met it was cold and heavy.
I don't believe, that he killed the Count.
He is a good man. He deserves to be loved.
I sigh. Asra noticed that.
-How are you?
-Pretty horrible..-I said-I think I'm leaving..
-Okay. I'll sit here for a bit longer.
-Okay
I left. Once I left the palace grounds, I wanted to cry. I let my fantasy too much-I imagined Julian hanging here. Not guilty.
Suddenly, something moves behind me. I turned around. From a pair of bushes, there were two men getting out, beckoning me. I ignored, and the next minute I had to run. Suddenly, I somehow got into a dead end. I could've tried climbing walls, but they were a bit too far from eachother. Either way, the men were here. They attacked me, started tearing clothes from me, hitting me. I started screaming, but I don't think anyone heard that.
With all my lungs, I yelled one name
Julian
Men stopped, and looked around. Nothing happened. They continued their work. I was laying on the ground, twirled in a ball and crying. Suddenly, a husky thump came from behind of the men. They turned around, looking what was there. Their interest was there, they left me alone. And suddenly, two more thumps. Men were laying on the ground, and something came to me. I didn't know if the men were still alive. I was just laying like a ball. Tears were covering my eyes, I couldn't see straight. A couple seconds later, a pair of strong hands picked me up and pressed me to their chest.
-You know, my ears aren't too bad~
I covered his neck with my arms and started shaking, when we walk past those men that attacked me.
-Are they dead..?
-No. Just "turned off". Behind the neck, there is a certain spot, which if you press hard enough, you may turn off a human. For a certain amount of time-Julian telled. I wasn't impressed. He was a doctor afterall.
-Did they hurt you?
-No.. Only scratched..
-Oh, you poor thing..-he said as I hear him take off his glove and put his bare hand behind my back. Suddenly, the pain was gone
-N-no.. I would've survived..
-Shh, keep your energy-he shut me
After some time Julian gathered me to my house, changed my clothes without touching my private parts.
He stayed with me for some time, until I was dozing. He rised, when he heard doors open. I heard also. Asra came back. He kinda froze when he saw Jules, but he quickly told the whole story. I heard Asra hug him and thank him. After that, Julian left, and Asra sat in Julians place. And darkness covered my world.