15.

Darby's Eyes

"Hhhhh!!" I try to scream for help. I am in a dark room, and my hands are tied with rope. There is duct tape covering my mouth and I hear trains. And the lobster smelt like Jonah. He thought I would die the first time. So he caught me and tied me up. I feel around myself. Yep. I am in the middle of train tracks. And I hear a train approaching fast. I scramble to get off the tracks, and finally roll off . Good timing too, the train ran over the place I was about 20 seconds later. I exhale and shake my hands like crazy. Soon enough, the rope loosens. I use my freed hands to take the duct tape off. Now, I need to figure out where I am.

I choose a direction and start walking. I walk for what seems like hours, and walk past 5 trains. I finally come to a station.

"Excuse me sir, where am I?" I ask.

"Texas!"

"But... I live in Pennsylvania..."

"There's a train to Pennsylvania in 20 minutes!"

"How much does a ticket cost?"

"$65 per ticket." He says as I rummage through my wallet.

"$65!" I say as I hand him some cash. He counts it and hands me a small piece of paper. I smile and thank him. I wait on a bench for twenty minutes.

"All aboard!! Texas to Pennsylvania!" He says. I show him my ticket and he nods. I board the train and sit next to a tidy elderly women.

"Hello! I'm Darcie, but I hate that name so you can call me Darby." I say.

"Hate is a strong word, Darcie." She replies.

"I know, but I would really prefer that you call me Darby."

"No, I'll call you Darcie. I think it's a beautiful name." She smiles, and I groan.