iv. seven deadly sins: envy.

chapter four, seven deadly sins: envy.
OCTOBER TWENTY SECOND, TWO THOUSAND SIXTEEN ;
( the last known appearance of park jimin )

he watched as the dishes cascaded to the tiles, smashing into shards too sharp for one to pick up himself

he watched as the dishes cascaded to the tiles, smashing into shards too sharp for one to pick up himself. his eyes slowly fluttered shut, his dilated pupils disappearing behind the veins that struck out of his pale lids. he felt crescents dig themselves into his palms as the kitchen door swung open almost as quickly as his supervisor's mouth had. "jimin, what the actual fuck is your problem tonight? first, you mouthed off to the customer for no good reason and threatened that you were going to quit, and now this?" jimin kept quiet as he stared at the mess before him, "if you don't want this job that badly, just tell me."

"i'm sorry," he muttered, walking over to the pantry where a broom was hidden, "i just haven't got much sleep lately," she sighed, her tense face relaxing as her palms hung by her sides, "well, get your shit together or you won't have an option," jimin nodded his head, keeping his eyes on the sweeping motion that continued to pile up the broken glass. he watched out of the corner of his eye as she walked out and it wasn't long until an overwhelming feeling developed into the pit of his stomach and grew like vines in the back of his throat. he knew of this common occurrence too well for he's had numerous amount of breakdowns in the last week. he likes to blame it on the new medication, but he sincerely knew it was all because he was truly going insane. just like his mother.

he ran a hand through his messily tossed hair and over his face only to feel new additions of blemishes around his nose. at this point, he couldn't have cared less, for here he was, losing his mind and nothing he had been trying was working. it was only a matter of time before one of his rages hurt something more than just his job or his own appearance.

he swiped the glass up on to the plastic pan, watching as the tiniest of pieces got stuck underneath. his wrist moved more frantically as he tried to get them out from the bottom. the bristles of the broom didn't help for it only took a few more continuous motions for a quarter size piece to fly off the pan and slice at jimin's wrist. "fuck!" he shouted only to himself, dropping the handle of the broom almost immediately as he went to grab the fresh wound. he sat up, rushing to the bathroom as blood poured through the spaces between his fingers. the water rushed out quickly as he turned the nobs rather quickly. he scrubbed harshly at the injury, the tears he had been holding in for so long finally pouring out as he felt the microscopic pieces of glass dig further into the his flesh. looking down, he examined how his hand ran under the faucet, how swiftly the crimson stain on his palm mixed with the water.

he exhaled rather deeply before reaching for a paper towel. he wrapped it around his forearm and exited the poorly lit bathroom, grabbing his bag from the counter and walking out of the kitchen. the tv blared loudly above the bar, only a few listened while other's chugged their last alcoholic beverage. jimin tilted his head as the white letters across a red banner read, "WELL KNOWN JEON JUNGKOOK FOUND DEAD, KILLER UNKNOWN."