2

<-April 16, 2037->
6:49 AM

No matter how many times i told myself, there wasnt anyone there. That someone being there was literally impossible, i kept dreaming about those eyes. No, not dreaming, but seeing them every time I closed my eyes. I couldnt sleep, so I patched up the cuts I had gathered from the tree branches and rocks in the woods. I blasted my music, but not too much so it would wake the neighbors in the dorm, and danced around my room, trying to forget about everything until school started...

<-May 17, 2037->
7:13 AM

It had been about a month after the accident with the meteor shower when I finally started to relax and have fun again. Those eyes still popped up when I slept or daydreamed. Today, I didnt have school, it was such a nice time to not have it as well. The sky seemed clearer than normal, the weather outside was beautiful. It seemed like nothing would go wrong and everything would be happy. And so I was happy. I hadn't seen Jabeum since the day before the meteor shower, and to be honest it felt like I had more freedom. A smile reached my lips as I hummed and walked to the window. It was truly a beautiful day. And I truly, genuinely felt like I was happy in that moment.

My joy, however, was quickly destroyed as my door slammed open and my very drunk boyfriend stumbled through with a couple of his friends. The force of the door hitting the wall left a dent as I jumped at the loud sound.

"Yah, what are you doing?" I asked as the three walked into the room, throwing their stuff onto the floor.

"Shut up, it doesn't matter," Jabeum snapped as he grabbed one of my most prized possessions off my bedside table. "What the hell is this?"

"It's a rock from the meteor shower. You'd know if you had actually come back after you left me that stupid note," I spat right back. "It's something important to me, but you wouldn't know that."

"Wouldn't know that? Well obviously this rock is more important than me so," He begun as he stared me straight in the eyes. Then, he threw it as hard as he possibly could at the ground, shattering it.

My eyes and mouth flew wide open. I could only stare at the what seemed like millions of pieces of my favorite rock. Jabeum started laughing as he nodded his friends over. I looked up at him, suddenly so angry I felt like I could just kill him.

"Come on boys, what else is a girl good for but her body," He said suddenly with a dark tone.

The three of them stepped forward as I stumbled back, already knowing what they were thinking. I shook my head at them as I pointed to the door.

"You need to leave. Right now," I said shakily, fearing what would happen if they didn't listen to me.

I knew I wouldn't stand a chance against the three of them. I was sleep deprived, smaller and shaken. The three of them were drunken soccer players who had one thing on their mind. Not to mention, three versus one never really works out.

"Hey, babe, relax. You made me mad, so all I'm asking is that you make up for it," Jabeum laughed. "And I want you to apologize with your body."

His eyes met mine as a chill went up my spine. They were ice cold, just like the tone of his voice. I could easily admit that this was the one of the scariest moments I had ever lived through. I was surprised I had kept my calm. Once more, I pointed to the open door and shook my head more frantically.

"All three of you need to go. I'll make it up to you some other time, but you're drunk and I'm not letting any of you lay a finger on me," I could see that they knew I was scared. My voice wasn't stern enough for them to feel threatened despite my efforts.

"Tough luck, sweetheart," One of Jabeum's friends growled.

As if those words were the signal, the three of them practically lunged towards me. I stumbled back as I tried to get away from them. Jabeum grabbed my wrist roughly and pulled me closer to him. I struggled desperately to get away from him, yelling and hitting him as loud and hard as I could.

All I remember thinking was 'God, help me'. I felt them paw at the rim of my shirt and pleaded for them to leave me alone. Tears filled my eyes as they easily stripped me of my shirt, despite my efforts to get away. Despite my screaming and fighting. Jabeum had my hands, and I couldn't get away.

The cold air hit my skin as I cried out for help. I felt sick as one of the two friends touched my neck with his lips as the other's hand reached towards my chest. I kicked harder, I screamed louder. Everything felt blank and cold, dark. I felt hopeless.

Jabeum smashed his lips onto mine, hitting my head so hard I felt like I was going to pass out. I struggled to breathe and get away as I refused to kiss him. The friend whos lips were on my body lifted himself off and reached down to my shorts. I screamed out, struggling harder than before as his hand tugged on them.

I pulled back from the three of them as aggressively as I could, barely escaping their grips as I tried to run out of the room. I couldn't think about grabbing a shirt, shoes, or my phone. All I had was my bra and shorts, and I was trying my hardest to keep them on.

The other friend who had touched me grabbed me by the hair as i tried to run, making me fall as the pain rushed through me. Then was the moment I almost started crying. My tears hadnt fell yet, but in that moment I felt like giving up.

I felt like letting them win. I felt like there was no point in me trying. I told myself, it'll be over and you can just kill yourself later. I almost convinced myself. Until two thuds made the floor shake. Then, a stern yet kind voice flooded the room.

"I think she asked you to back off."

1090 Words