18

May 29, 2037

11:32 PM

    My head was spinning as the knowledge of Namjoon and I's first meeting rushed back. Hoseok was watching me with concern, however I couldn't say a word. Namjoon's eyes were the ones that I had seen. Those eyes that I swore didn't exist, the shadow of a man that shouldn't have been there. They were his. They belonged to the man who I had befriended, the man who had saved my life more than once and the man who knew so much about me.

    I couldn't wrap my head around it. Namjoon had been in the woods with me the whole time? I could have sworn that I scoped out that area a thousand times before I went up into that stupid tree. I never saw him, so where did he come from? He came out of nowhere. That's why I refused to let myself believe that I had seen someone. I shouldn't have seen something. It wasn't possible for me to have seen someone!

    "Hoseok, he shouldn't have been there that night," I said, my voice shaking. "It shouldn't have been possible for him to be there."

    "What do you mean," Hoseok looked nervous. "You were there, right? If you were there, I'm sure it would have been possible for him to be there too."

    I shook my head frantically, grabbing Hoseok's sleeve and pulling him forward. We started to walk, heading to the very place I dreaded to go. I tried to explain the situation; at least what happened originally and why Namjoon should have never been there. The time flew by and before I knew it, I was standing in front of the very crater that had been the cause of Namjoon and I's meeting.

    Everything seemed to be quiet. The dark trees and the leaves that were painted bright greens and shades of what appeared to be red in the darkness were hushed; the loudest sound was the slight breeze that rushed through the air and sent a chill up my spine. Then, everything stopped. The trees didn't move, and as we stopped walking, the sound of grass and sticks under our feet fell silent. The animals had all retreated into their homes, seemingly the nocturnal animals as well. There was no sound besides the broken breaths coming from Hoseok and I.

    "Can you see him?" Hoseok said, breaking the silence and causing me to jump. Then he saw the crater in front of him and gasped slightly. "You saw him in the middle of that?"

    "In the middle of it, yes. Right after it hit the ground. There was still dust everywhere, I could barely see him which is why I couldn't believe it. This thing is huge," I looked down into the crater. "But there's nothing there."

    As we glanced downward into the crater we realized that the meteor, or whatever had hit the ground that night, wasn't there anymore. If it had been a meteor, it should have still been visible. It hadn't been long enough for it to erode, and I didn't think that any local scientists would have the equipment to completely transport the thing to a lab. I looked to Hoseok who was sweating, he only looked at me for a moment before he turned to look at the ground once again.

    "Where the hell did it go, Hoseok?" I almost yelled. "It couldn't have just disappeared. None of this makes any sense! Namjoon appears out of nowhere in the middle of a crater, but then the huge meteor disappears in a couple months? Honestly, thinking back, I don't know if I ever even saw what hit the ground in the first place because of the dust. But it's not like Namjoon was the thing that fell to Earth!"

    I stopped talking as Hoseok flinched at my last statement. I had been yelling so much that I hadn't been thinking about what I was yelling out in the first place. Therefore, thinking back over my words, it dawned on me. Namjoon was in the middle of the crater that was made by the unknown. How had he managed to get there? He was on the ground in the crater, not on top of anything that had fallen. What hit the ground and how did it disappear so fast? My thoughts began spinning once again as my mind wandered to the possibilities. Then it wandered to the impossible: Namjoon was what fell to the Earth.