~5~

~12 years earlier~

A little a year old Marina is walking next to her father, sister, and mother. "Why in the devil have we chosen here to set port for the night Weatherby? I fear what it will do to Marina and Elizabeth's minds" the woman spoke worried as she looked down at them she noticed Marina was looking at a small heart shaped piece that was blue like the ocean with designs up the side. Young Marina did not know much about it except it was all that was left of her birth mother it was what she called her heart.

"Mother what are those women doing?" Elizabeth shouted pointing at a man and woman who we're kissing and doing sexual perversions just up against a building. Hurriedly her mother turned Elizabeth away as her father demanded someone make them stop that in their presence none had noticed a man grabbing Marina up in his arms and running.

"No!" she screamed fear over took the young girl as he ran she looked up and her parents turned seeing her being taken now as she screamed a crowed blocked them from seeing where the man took her. Kicking and screaming for him to put her down he ran into an ally no one was there he dropped her it was an ugly man with dark hair and dark eyes from what she could see in the darkness, "Take me back" she tried to be brave but she coward when he walked closer too her.

"No, you'll fetch a pretty penny" he smirked darkly he pushed her into the wall she started to cry as his breath crossed her face it was rancid but her fear of death kept her mouth shut she could not say his breath smell. He started to push up the young 8 year old's dress as she cried before he could finish this horrifying deed he was hit with bottle over the head and she was lifted up and ran down too an empty port area.

As she was placed back to her feet she started to cry more fear still that she would never see her family again. "You alright, Lass?" the voice of her savior spoke she stopped and looked up at him still too dark even to see the man who saved her life she wiped her eyes. "Y-y-yess. I want to go back to my Mother and Father" she started shake about to cry again.

"Hey, don't cry. I'll get you to yer parents probably can't miss them if they be dressed as fancy as ya be lass" he spoke she stopped looking up at him she took a deep breath nodding before holding out her hand. "My name is Miss. Swann" she spoke as proper as an 8 year old could speak he took her hand gently.

"JS" he spoke vaguely as though he did not want her to know his name, "right lets get you on your marry way" he spoke she pulled her hand away he then lead her out too the streets she spotted her parents who frantically screamed her name before walking to them she turned too the man who was about to leave. "Wait, I must reward you for the rescue" she spoke well for an 8 year old girl.

"No-" he went to speak her hands searched her body for something too give the man before her hand rested on the heart piece she sighed before taking it off and holding it out. "This is my most prized possession" she spoke he looked stunned he did not reach to take it so she snatched his hand and placed it in his palm, "It is my heart. Keep it safe" she smiled the man looked shocked at this young girl he looked at the small piece it was blue oddly a familiar metal graced it. He went to look at the girl and refused but she had already went to her parents he decided to sneak of into the shadows but not before his brown eyes looked at the young girl.

Marina hugged her parents. "Thank goodness! I thought we lost you!" her mother cried out as she gave her several kisses. "I am okay thanks to JS" Marina exclaimed a smile crossing her small face; her parents looked between them before looking around.

"Who is JS my dear girl?" her father asked she turned pointing before her hand went down. "He was there he must have left. Anyways he knocked the man out who took me and then he showed me back you all and I had to repay him for saving my life even though he said no need" she beamed her mother and father looked at each other worried.

"How did you repay him?" her mother asked Marina placed her hand where her neck was and her mother looked at the bare space now realizing what she had given to the man. 

"I gave him my heart" she smiled gently.

Short chapter I know but it's a background that is very important to the story line you can only guess who the man JS was that saved her life- FFGirl1998