One

Something soft was poking my cheek. I tried to open my eyes, but the light simply was too bright. I threw an arm over my eyes.

"Daddy, have you been crying again?" I slightly cracked a smile at her voice.

"Can you please dim the light, honey?" I felt her weight shift on top of my stomach and heard a few clicks, probably the light switches, and she climbed back onto my stomach and gently removed the arm from my eyes.

"Have you?" she asked sternly. I nodded my head slightly and I closed my eyes, running a hand through my recently cut, brown hair. She placed her hands on my collarbones and gave me a kiss on my cheek. "I love you, daddy." she stated and laid down on top of me, burying her face in the crook of my neck.
I felt her standing up again after a few minutes and something was thrown in my face.

"Please, pull on your sweatpants and make some breakfast. You can't be late for work again and I don't want to be late for school again." I got a kiss on my cheek again and she walked out of the room.

I walked over to my closet and grabbed a black and white striped shirt and black skinny jeans. I threw them on very fast and ran downstairs, only to find her fully dressed, eating cereal.

"Morning, daddy." she smiled happily. I let out a yawn and scratch the back of my head. I walk over to her, sitting on a bar chair next to her after seeing she also put a bowl down for me. I petted her head softly and placed a kiss on her cheek.

"Good morning, angelcakes." I said.

"You go grab your stuff and fix your amazing bed hair and I'll make myself some coffee and wait in the car, okay?" I asked her after we'd finished our breakfast in silence. I glanced over at the clock and a wave of panic shot through me. She had to be in school in 15 minutes. It was a 30 minutes drive... "And hurry." I added and gave her a soft tab on the back to do upstairs.

"Here it is." she announced, standing outside of a bright yellow door.

"This is your classroom?" I asked her, just to be sure. She nodded and opened the door.

"You have to come, daddy. You have to tell the teacher why I'm late." she said and pulled me inside on my arm.

"Then where is he or she?" I kneeled down next to her after glancing around a couple of times.

"Oooooooh, we're doing crafts! Can I go sit, daddy? Can I?" she asked excitedly, pushing me back and forth softly.

"Sure, princess." I said, kissing the back of her head quickly before she ran off to her friends.

"Princess, huh?" a voice behind me chuckled. "That's by far the cutest thing I've ever heard a father call his daughter when they were late." by these words I assumed he was the teacher. I stood up quickly and turned around, only to see a man.

He was a few inches shorter, not much though. He had slightly long, dark brown hair that was casually pushed behind his ear and he smiled brightly once I'd turned around.

He held out a hand, which was covered in tattoos. There also was a small hole in the left corner of his mouth, presumably it used to be a lip ring. I took his hand and shook it, introducing myself "Mr. Way". He introduced himself as "Frank Iero".

"I'm so sorry she's late, I forgot it was Monday and well, seen there just was a break, I plainly forgot. I'm sorry, it won't happen again." I started on an almost begging tone. When I wanted to continue, he quickly cut me off.

"Look, man, it's totally okay. I get it, I was a little late today as well. It was just 20 minutes, it's not big deal." he said on a calm "whatever"-like tone.

I know that tone. I know those eyes. That smile. That name.

Shit.

"So what does the dad of that amazing little artist do for a living?" he asked me, looking genuinely interested. I awkwardly scratch the back of my head.

"I am an artist. I paint a lot and I'm currently working on a comic book. Should be done in like a month or something." Frank's eyes filled with admiration.

"Comics, huh? Let me know once it's out. Man, I love comic books." I let out an awkward laugh.

"I'm sorry, I have to go." I stated and started to make my way past him, out the classroom.

"Wait a second." Frank suddenly said. "Aren't you."

"No." I nearly screamed, panic obvious in my voice. "Bye."

"Gerard!" he called after me, but I already was on the playground again, walking through the gates that surround it.

Bandit is being taught by my old bully.