Chapter 15

Well here's chapter 15! Thanks to all the people that encouraged me to keep writing!

-Vanesa

Chapter 15

Dimitri's POV

I lay there in bed not able to go to sleep. I wasn't at peace, and vampires could only sleep when they were at peace. Melanie was sleeping thankfully, but her breathing was getting harder and harder as if it was hard for her. Sweat started running down her face, and she suddenly sat up with a start. She took deep breaths unaware that I had been watching her. I closed my eyes not wanting her to know that I was awake. I knew how much she hated me knowing that she had nightmares. I heard her get up and go to the bathroom. After hearing the bathroom door open I expected to feel her laying back down, but she didn't. I opened my eyes and saw her walk out into the balcony. Her arms wrapped around her body hugging herself from the cold air. She was crazy going out there only in her pajamas and robe. I got up from bed and walked out onto the balcony.

"Melanie, what are you doing out here? You're going to get sick again."

She wiped her face before turning to face me. She must've been crying.

"I'll be there in a sec."

She tried hard not to look at me, but failed when she saw I wasn't going any where. As her sad eyes looked at me I couldn't help but open my arms and say, "Come here."

She was hesitant at first, but soon walked into my arms burying her head in my chest. I wrapped my arms around her, feeling the need to protect her from all this she was experiencing. After just standing there for a while we headed back into the room. Melanie lay there not closing her eyes.

"You should get some sleep," I persuaded.

"So should you. Besides I can't sleep."

"Me neither."

She turned her body, so she could face me, so I faced her as well.

"Can we finish our game of twenty questions?"

"Sure."

"Is everyone in this house a vampire?"

"No. Only me and my family, except for Elizabeth. The employees are humans as is Sofie. She's the only one that knows about us besides you and Elizabeth."

"Your turn," she said propped up against her hand waiting for me to ask a question.

"How many boyfriends have you had?" I sincerely wondered how many boy she had kissed.

"One." Really just one?

"One?"

She looked away answering, "I wasn't really into dating. I wasn't at school much either."

"What do you mean?"

"I skipped a grade, so I mainly focused on school. I was really interested in boys especially the ones from my school."

"What about Ricardo?"

"He's a friend," she made clearly giving me a pointed look. "What about you? How many girlfriends have you had, and I mean serious relationships not one night stands."

Did she really think that of me? I thought back in time counting how many serious relationships maybe she was right. I couldn't think of any serious relationships I had well only Isabella, but that was just a summer fling.

Melanie couldn't believe it. "Is it really that hard to think of one?" she shook her head and turned back around. I scooted closer to her and put my arms around her waist.