Chapter 15 - the wedding.

Veronica's POV
I sighed as I looked in the mirror. It was exactly how I pictured it. I was wearing a beautiful long wedding gown. The dress was perfect. The place was perfect. The timing was perfect. But the guy... wasn't. Five years ago, I promised myself I'd break up with Reggie. He wasn't right for me and I knew it. But I never got the courage to end it. And when he proposed.. I couldn't think of a good reason to say no. But now.. I could. And that reason was despicable. Because on your wedding day, the last thing you want to be thinking about is your future with someone else. I was in my change room. With one and a half hours till the ceremony. And as any bride does, I was having a panic attack. But I wasn't wondering if the flowers, music, or foods would be right... I was worrying that I was about to make a promise that would lock me down with the wrong guy. And as any bride does, I relayed on my maid of honour to calm me down. "It's alright Veronica you're just getting cold feet" said Betty soothingly. I sighed. "I know, I know, but Betty what if I make a mistake? I'm still so young.. I don't want to be tied down yet, there's still so much out there for me" I said. Betty frowned. "Ronnie this is a wedding not a funeral, marriage doesn't limit any of you're options, take me for example, I'm still a free spirit, I go and do whatever I want, the only difference is jughead is there supporting me" Betty comforted with a smile. I smiled back. "That sounds nice" I said in a whisper. Betty nodded. "It is" she said assuringly. "Are you gonna be okay?" She asked. I nodded. "I think I am" I replied. Betty got up and was about to leave. "Betty" I called again. She turned around. "I think I'm I'm love" I said. She smiled. "That's great" she said. I felt my heart stop. She didn't know what I meant. I wasn't going to explain it to her. It'd be too horrible. I hoped she'd understand what I meant by the tone of my voice. But she didn't. Maybe that was for the best. I didn't want to ruin my wedding before I knew for sure, if I was just having a relapse, or if I truly was in love. I had to know. I had to talk to him. I couldn't live my life wondering. Wondering if just maybe... there was still a glance of hope.

Archie's pov
I knocked on Veronica's dressing room door. The bride had requested to see me. I opened the door, and there she was, with a beautiful wedding dress on. "Ronnie" I smiled. But the expression in her face was unreadable "hi Archie" she responded "you wanted to talk?" I asked. She nodded slightly and gestured for me to come in. I sat down in an empty seat, and she sat down across from me. "How did you know?" She finally spoke. "Huh?" I replied. "How did you know Valerie was the one? How did you know marrying her wouldn't be a mistake?" She asked. "I didn't. There's no way of knowing that. But you have to just trust that life is taking you where you need to be. Trust that it's you're fate" I said. But unexpectedly, Veronica frowned " Archie, you may believe in all that destiny crap, but I don't. Our choices are my own, and the things I do affect my life, like if for example my "destiny" is to marry reggie, I almost didn't. And then what? These little decisions that I make every day are affecting  my life, and destiny didn't tell me to make those decisions I did! And some of those decisions were really dumb but they led me here!" She yelled. "Well maybe you had to make some dumb decisions before you got to where you were supposed to be?" I said. She looked down.  "But what if I'm not at my final destination yet? What if I still have a few more dumb decisions to make?" she asked. "Ronnie do you not want to marry Reggie?" I asked, with some sort of unexplainable feeling rising up my stomach. "I never said that!" She snapped back. Causing all my unknown feelings to drop. "Ronnie why are you mad at me?" I asked suddenly. "Not everything is about you Archie!" She yelled. "Ronnie do you not want me to be here? Why did you even invite me?!" I yelled. "Yeah you're right is was a huge mistake, can you please just leave Archie!" She yelled. "Leave you're dressing room?" I asked. "No, leave the wedding" She. corrected. I felt my eyes start to water. "Fine" I said before walking out, and slamming the door.
In a way, Veronica was right. She never ended up where she was meant to be. Because if a little decision. Not something you even think about. Something just happens, that could have been avoided.