6.

D.K
After his talk with his sister, Deion found himself smiling more. It was mostly for her sake, but also his. He knew it would take more time for him to become okay, but he wasn't going to give up.

Deion walked into his Core Music class and took his seat that was next to Desire.

"Good-morning." He said sweetly to Desire.

"Morning." Desire replied back. After her days of observing Deion, she realized he's a bookworm just like her. He appreciates everything and is good at almost everything. It bothered Desire to the point where she didn't want to talk to him anymore. She didn't want him to distract her from her goals.

She had to make her father proud.

However, she couldn't bring herself to detach herself from him yet.

Deion looked over at Desire and watched her focus on the notes of the song "Jingle Bells." Deion was still on the fifth page of the music book. Desire had continued to move on and teach herself. Of course she had to make sure she was ahead of the class.

Deion grabbed his selected guitar and scooted closer to Desire.

"Wanna teach me to play that?" He asked gingerly.

Desire stopped and glanced over at him. Deion looked at her with soft eyes. The kind that made you give in and melt immediately. He wasn't doing it on purpose-he just had a soft, delicate demeanor to him.

"Uh, the book can help you with that." Desire stated.

Deion bit his lip, suddenly confused. "So you cant help a friend out?" He chuckled.

"You clearly see me practicing. I'm trying to get it together myself."

Deion was taken aback at her sudden change in tone. He's realized this for the past two weeks. First, she offers to be his friend then she began to give him the cold shoulder. He knows that they don't know each other at all, but he couldn't deny that he wondered why she did that.

Before he got the chance to ask, Mr. Reed caught his classes attention to begin his lesson.

"So today we're going to take a deeper look into classical music. Can someone give me some classic composers?" Mr. Reed recited happily.

"Beethoven." A short girl in the front row said.

"Mozart."

"Bach."

"Puccini." Desire exclaimed.

Mr. Reed seemed to be happy his students knew some music composers, but didn't seem to be fully pleased. He looked around the room hoping for someone to say something more.

"How about Tchaikovsky?" Deion said, questionably.

"Ah yes! Tchaikovsky! Excellent Mr. King." Mr Reed said contentedly. He wrote Tchaikovsky on the board and turned back to his class with an evil smile.

Desire looked at Deion and tried to hold in her anger. She really hated being overshadowed. It made the hair on her arms stand up and caused her blood to boil.

"We all know Mozart, Beethoven, Bach- but no one pays attention to someone like Tchaikovsky. So, I️ want a paper on Tchaikovsky. Talk about his life, his music and chose a certain piece that you find worth talking about. Why is it important to you? Why does this piece deserve to be recognized? Why is it your favorite?" Mr. Reed instructed his class.

"When is this due?" Deion asked

"I'll have He official assignment guideline and rubric ready for you tomorrow. But, I️ suggest you all go home and brainstorm some ideas."