8.

D.S.
Desire knew there was something going on with him, but that didn't change her mind. She still loathed him for he was smart, very smart actually, and it scared her. She did not like it at all.

After seeing him that Saturday at the Therapists office, she felt weird. She felt like they connected just through that stare. That the hidden pain behind their eyes have been revealed to each other. In that moment, she didn't mind him seeing her in a vulnerable state, but now that she felt a little better this Monday morning, it made her skin crawl.

"Sis, you've been ghost all week!" Emmanuel approaches Desire at their designated lunch table. Today's lunch was pizza.

"Sorry, this weekend was a little rough." Desire responded.

Emmanuel nodded and didn't push any further. He was aware vaguely of Desire and why she is the way she is. He never pried further. He was a very understanding person.

"How are you doing now, beautiful?" Emmanuel asked his best friend sweetly. 

Desire smiled and shrugged. "It's a process. But, I'll be fine."

"Speaking of fine," Emmanuel swooned once Deion came into view.

Desire turned around and looked at him. She must admit, he did look really good. His outfit complimented him perfectly. White fitted T-Shirt, with ripped jeans and Timbs. But, his face still held this sadness.

"Fuck it," Emmanuel exclaimed before getting Deion's attention.

"Manuel, sir your ass down! What the hell are you doing?" Desire exclaimed. Before she can stop her best friend from making a scene, Deion came into view with a confused look on his face.

"Hey, I'm Emmanuel and this is my by friend Desire." Emmanuel smiled at Deion.

"I'm aware." Deion said nonchalantly.

Emmanuel fought off the urge to give him the stink eye and continued to smile. "I just thought you'd like to sit with us."

Deion sighed and sat down next to Emmanuel. Desire has yet to say something to him. She felt a little awkward about seeing him on Saturday all of a sudden.

"How you doing?" Deion called for her attention.

"What do you mean? I'm fine." Desire fought back.

"Yeah, but just seeing you the other day under those circumstances." Deion trailed off. "Just wanted to make sure you were good."

"What happened the other day?" Emmanuel asked confused.

"I'm fine, thanks." Desire snapped.

Silence filled the table for a couple beats, then Deion spoke up again. "Would it kill you to ask if i'm okay too?"

"Frankly, I don't really care." Desire folded her arms on the table. "And obviously, you aren't fine because you were in a therapists' office."

"So, you just lied to me?"

"What?" Desire asked blankly.

"You were in that therapists' office too if i remember correctly. And, I just asked you if you were okay and you said yes. So, you're not." Deion said smartly.

Desire rolled her eyes and attends to her pizza. She hated this kids guts.

"I'm so confused." Emmanuel said.

"I am too," Deion chuckled bitterly. He grabbed his food and got up. "Look, I don't know what your problem with me is in that big head of yours, but don't be talking to me like you wanna be friends and treat me any kind of way the next day. You don't know me or what I'm about." Deion responded coldly to Desire, leaving her mouth agape slightly.