one

CHER was awoken to the ringing of her tiny alarm clock placed on her bed side table

CHER was awoken to the ringing of her tiny alarm clock placed on her bed side table. She grumbled stretching her arm a distance to mute the exasperating sound. She slid out of the mess of her sheets and ran her hands through the tangle of her long blonde locks before proceeding to her bathroom.

She began her usual morning routine which consisted of an hour of doing her hair, spending ages on finding a makeup look to wear and choosing the perfect outfit with the help of her computer and trusty polaroid camera.

Once she completed getting her  morning routine,  she dashed down the stairs where she met her mother in the kitchen for breakfast.

"Good morning!" She said.

"Good morning Cher." Her mother replied not looking up from the stack papers she was reading.

Her mother was a lawyer who seemed to be constantly working. She understood her job could be hectic but sometimes Cher wished she would take a break, for both of their sake.

" I'll be going on a short business trip tomorrow, so you will be staying with Bruce until I get back."

"What!" Cher exclaimed.

"Honey it's only for three weeks." Her mother replied.

"But mom, why can't I just stay here on my own. I'm 16 and perfectly able to take care of myself."

"It's too late I've already called Bruce and my decision is final."

Cher let out a groan. If there was one thing she hated the most it had to be her mom's "ex-husband" and his kids.

The majority of them were snobby and always seemed to be arguing with each other. Not to mention how they always seemed to drag her into their immature quarrels. Damian—Bruce's youngest, is by far the worst. He was unfriendly, rude and went out of his way to make Cher feel unwelcomed.

A loud honk could be heard from outside, signaling that Cher's ride to school was here.

"I've go to get going, bye mom."

Her mother uttered a simple "Bye Cher.".

Cher grabbed her bag before she rushed outside and towards the white jeep outside her house. Dionne, her best friend waited inside, blaring Coolio's "Gangsta's Paradise".

"Hey Cher!"

"Hey Dionne!" Cher exclaimed hopping in the vehicle.

"What's up?"

Cher sighed. "I'm like totally buggin'. My mom is going on a business trip so I have to stay with Bruce for like three weeks."