tonight we are who are to be

In middle of the night, something told me to wake me up, that someone is watching me. 'Ryu is someone there or am i just imagining this?' i asked him mentally but was left with no reply. I decided to let it go and look for myself. The kittens were fast asleep next to me, and i moved carefully as to not wake them. There innnocent faces glowed in the starlight as they stirred as if acting out what they were dreaming of. I walk outside my house and sighed noticeing that there is no one there but decided to walk for a while. Just then i saw blue rose petals leading into the forest on the brown path below my feet. I look around to see if anyone was there, but after determining that there was no one there, I started to fallow the gleaming rose petals. As I walked, there was only the soft sound of crickets and the shaking of the tree tops. The whole village was asleep and the moon made everything shine a brilliant silvery blue. The petals lead me into a small clearing were a waterfall cried loud and the pool of water bellow it was calm with the moons reflection. All around me were bushes filled with blue roses and some were on vines that intertwined with tall trees. The scenery made me smile as I walk around the clearing for the one behind the blue roses. Just when I started to give up on finding the person, i saw a sillhouette of a man in middle of the clearing placing his hand into the pool of water.

"hello?" i whisper, slightly afraid. the man turned and nodded a reply, standing up.

"who are you?" i ask a little louder but with more confindence in case this man may be an enemy. In the ninja world, you don't show your weaknesses to the enemy. The man walked over towards me and stops a several feet away. I gasp realizing who this was,

"Uchiha, Itachi" i say aloud seeing his red eyes in the moonlight. He comes closer before touching my cheek gently. I couldn't move out of the shock of him being so gentle, but I fear that there might have been a deeper reason as to why I had done nothing. Itachi was so close that I could feel his long ebony hair against my skin. We stood there for a while and in a cluster of crow feathers, Itachi sudently teleported away as if realizing that what he did was wrong. Once all the feathers disappeared, i could see a piece of neatly folded of paper with another blue rose resting on the parchment. I unfolded it, It read:

I am a criminal and with no Escape from my haunting past. Once i saw you on the hokage mountains singing with a voice filled with great passion, I realized that i wasent the only one with a terrible past. Are you truly sad though? have you lost everything dear? do you hold a suffacating burden that will not leave until you die? Time may heal wounds but the past can never change. A protector of the light, a shield against the darkness, Are you truly alone?

I took the note and ran back home clutching not only the note, but also the rose tightly. I didn't even notice the stinging sensation from my thorn and blood covered hand caused by the rose he left me.