one .

Diamond .

Today was Tuesday which means I️ was starting my first day of Word today. Me and Nana had to be at work the same time today, she woke up earlier than me so she was just getting out the shower and I was just about to get in. Chres and Dad was still sleep since they didn't have a job yet. After spending about 15 minutes in the shower I️ got out, brushed my teeth and looked in one of my bigger suitcases for some actual clothes.

I️ had on my under clothes already. In New York it was a little warm with a slight breeze. It was like the perfect weather. It was 9:30 and I️ had to be to work at 10:30, I️ had to hurry and get dressed. I️ picked out some black shorts, a white tank top, and another one of my foot locker shirts. I️ brushed my hair out and let the curls form. When I️ was done I️ put lotion on and walked out of my nanas room to see her fixing her some coffee.

"You ready?" She asked. I️ nodded my head while grabbing my purse and making my way to the door. It was 10:00 on the dot and we were right at work. Neither one of us had ate yet so we decided to go to Dunk and Donuts. After that it was 10:15 and we just decided to go into work.

Nana got off at 10 tonight while I️ got off at 8:30 since it was my first day. When I️ walked in I️ walked up to the cash register to see the dude I️ walked into yesterday. I️ was kinda embarrassed to have say something to him but I️ shook it off.

"Hey.. um can I️ speak to the manager?" I️ asked kinda shyly. I️ tried not to seem so shy but it wasn't really working..obviously.

"Yeah your speaking to him" he said smiling at me. I️ kinda smiled back..wow strike 2 Diamond ..

"Well i kinda just moved here and my manager from where I️ used to live told me that I️ would start working today.." I️ trailed off

"Diamond?" He asked . I️ nodded my head yeah and he nodded his head to.

"Aight So what was your position?" He asked ready to write it on a paper

"Sales associate" I️ said lowly

"You don't gotta be so shy, I️ don't bite.." He said with a light chuckle. I️ just nodded my head at him and waited for him to talk about work.

"Back to business. You wanna continue with that position?" He asked writing something on a paper.

"Yeah that'd be fine" I️ smiled .

"Word than. You start today right now" he smiled back . I️ just kinda looked at him. He was hella fine but it was like every time I️ thought to flirt back Pump popped up in my mind.

"Oh yeah um do you guys got any applications?" I️ asked

"Yeah here you go" he said handing me 2. Perfect,

"Yo johnny watch the register imma show her , her locker and stuff" he nodded and continued to help the customer he was with.

"Aight So your locker 321 right beside me..and then this is the break room , and last but not least my number.. Incase you need anything" he said . I️ smiled at how he included the last part.

"Thank you" I️ said still smiling.

"No problem" he said . He walked back to the front and I️ put my stuff up while walking back to the front.

"I️ didn't get your name" I️ said to the manager guy.

"My name is Quincy but people call me Q" he said

"Nice to meet you Q" I️ smiled. He just looked at me and smirked before giving me the walkies.

Working her is going to be fun. Well that's what it seems like. After being there for a few hours and helping the customers it was finally time for lunch. I️ went to my bag and grabbed my wallet . I️ was making sure it was zipped then I️ bumped into somebody. I️ was really hoping it wasn't Quincy again.

I️ looked up to see it was some girl.

"My bad" I️ said

"Your straight" she said walking to her locker in guessing

"You new here?" She asked causing me to stop and turn around

"Yeah" I️ answered

"Your pretty and your not from here, I️ can tell by your accent" I️ smiled and chuckled I️ never really noticed I️ had an accent.

"Thank you, your pretty too" I️ smiled.

"What's your name?" Sha asked

"Diamond, and yours?" I️ replied

"Essence" she said, her name was pretty.

"You going on lunch?" She asked, I️ nodded my head

"Can I️ join?" She asked

"Of course" I️ said

As we were walking out Quincy called my name. I️ looked for at him and he was checking out a customer. He helped a finger up signaling for me to wait. I️ nodded as me and Essence made small talk. After Quincy was done he came over to me.

"You On break?" He asked. I️ nodded my head

"Me too, can I️ join you guys?" He said

"Don't nobody wanna eat with you" essence called out. I️ giggled

"Man shut up" he said walking to the back.

"I️ didn't know you guys knew each other" I️ said ,

"That's my bestfriend" she said. I️ nodded my head. Make sense.

"Where we going to eat?" Quincy asked

"We can go to Taco Bell?" Essence suggested. I️ shrugged my shoulders and nodded yes. We went to Taco Bell and ate and talked. I️ got to know Quincy and Essence a little more. They were funny and chill people. I️ mostly heard New Yorkers were rude but maybe that's just a myth. We talked and ate for the rest of break before cleaning up and leaving back to work. Today was a good first day. I️ felt like there were plenty more to come.

-pumpswife 🍭

Soo ! How was it ?

I'm so tired but I️ had to get this first chapter in ! And so I️ understand this is a sequel but I'm not gonna start the first chapter off with "2 months later" or "3 years later" cause like .. then you have to go back and explain plus everybody does that so I️ tried to just continue from where I️ was..

^ Thoughts on that ?

But anyways forget that ! Hope you guys enjoyed and also had a good day ! Kisses 😚

Vote and Comment !

Vote and Comment !

Vote and Comment !

Vote and Comment !

Vote and Comment !