two .

Diamond .

It was 8:30 and time for me to get off. I️ was happy cause I️ was tired. Me and Essence decided to walk together since we had to go to the same way. Quincy didn't get off till the same time as my nana so he had to stay of course. Before me and Essence walked home I️ decided to check on my nana.

"Essence? You mind if we stop in here so I️ can check on my nana?" I️ questioned

"Yeah no problem come on" she said following behind me.

I️ walked in and we walked around a little. I️ realized there were multiple floors and each floor was huge. This is how everything in New York was tho I️ noticed that from just looking in some of the doors as I️ walked places.

"You don't know which department she works in huh?" Essence asked . I️ made a confused face and and shook my head no before taking out my phone.

I️ went to my call log and called my nana.

"Hello?" She asked, wow that was quick for her to be at work.

"Nana um which department do you work in?" I️ asked

"The main floor by the women's clothes" she said. As she described where she was I️ followed her directions.

"I️ see you" I️ said before hanging up. I️ walked up to her and gave her a hug.

"Hey nana" I️ smiled

"Hey DD" she smile back

"Oh nana this is my new friend Essence that I️ meet today at work & Essence this is my Nana, Payton," I️ introduced them

"Hey nice to meet you Ms. Peyton" Essence spoke sticking out her hand.

"Nice to meet you too Essence" nana said shaking her hand back.

"Anyways I️ just came to check on you" I️ said shrugging my shoulder

"Well I️m good, I️ get off at 10:30 but I️m closing this floor so I'll be home by 12" she said

"Well that's a Lil late ain't it?" I️ asked

"Yeah but I'll be fine I've done it before" she said. I️ nodded my head she has been living here before me and doing this on her own. So it made sense

"Ok I'll come back and walk you still" I️ said

"Well if that's what you want then ok" she said. I️ nodded

"I'll come with you if you want" Essence offered. I️ smiled and nodded.

"Ok nana well me and Essence are about to head home call me when your almost done" I️ told her . She nodded and continued to straighten up the clothes on the racks. Me and Essence made small talk while walking to our houses. After about 15 minutes we were finally at my apartments. For the longest I️ thought that we stayed in the same building.

"Oh this is your building?" Essence asked interrupting my thoughts. I️ nodded yes

"As we were walking I️ thought that we lived in the same building" she said , I️ giggled because I️ was thinking the same thing.

"Same" I️ said

"Well listen my building is right there if you need me and if you want me to walk with you to get Ms. Payton let me know, until tomorrow goodnight" she smiled and hugged me.

"Goodnight" I️ hugged back. As I️ was about to walk into the building Essence called my name.

"Yeah?" I️ asked