Guitars, Violins, And Demons; Oh My!

I stand up slowly, causing the soreness in my body to protest in silent pain. What happened?

I try to remember why and hear singing coming from somewhere, its tone a bit creepy and a little aggressive. I shuffle outside of the cabin I awoke in to see Daniel with a fiddle and David with a guitar. The duo are playing their instruments aggressively.

"I hope this won't sound impolite. Or come across as too forthright. But even though you seem alright, I...Think I'm better than you!" David sings, strumming his guitar.

"Now please do keep this thought in mind that's just my personal conviction. You're smart and fun, you're sweet and kind I'd call our friendship an addiction! Your shoes are shined, your breath dulce, but still I find I have to say, I...Think I might be better than you!" David finishes, looking proud of himself.

I head closer to watch the musical brawl, forgetting about my achy body. Empty rat poison boxes, a glass bowl full of grape kool aid, and empty kool aid pouches are scattered across a table. Campers seem brainwashed; their clothes are all white and they are all staring at Daniel in unnatural awe. Daniel suddenly gets a beautiful violin solo.

"You seem impressed with what you've shown but I don't find it that compelling," he sings, causing the atmosphere to change as the song continues.

"You've sung my praise but not your own and well, I think that's pretty telling. But while we're on the subject of how I'm superb and leagues above, you ought to know I'm number one." Daniel sings, seeming to grow bigger than David. Damn, Daniel fills in with being menacing really well!

As Daniel continues his part, I get rid of the poisoned kool aid and replaced it with a new batch that will not only restore the campers by daylight come tomorrow, but prevent anyone from dying. I pour cups of the non-poison beverage and place it out on the table. By now my attention is fully on the duo. I must admit, they have a really good harmony going on.

"You're really great, but let me state,"

"You've been outdone,"

"You denigrate and seem to hate,"

"Now I've really won,"

"The fact I'll break you, abdicate,"

"But it was fun,"

"Before I can asphyxiate, I,"

"Your end's begun, and,"

"Think I might be better than you!" "Now I know I'm better than you!"

"Don't hate me because it's true!" "And I'll prove it to you, too!"

"Just know, I'm better thaaaaaaaaaaaa-"

"So watch as I identify

The skill to show I qualify

Like keeping up this camp charade
And tricking kids to drink kool aid
To sacrifice them-."

"Oh, wait..." Daniel says, remembering the poisoned kool aid.

"Dan, I took care of the poisoned kool aid. I didn't want anyone to be killed purposely or carelessly." I say calmly, looking directly into his worried eyes.

I then look over at David, who doesn't seem to take notice of Daniel putting away his sacrificial dagger, and sigh.

"W-woah! When did you get here?" David says, seeming startled.

"I kind of just got here, but long enough to enjoy your duet. Sounded pretty good, no doubt." I say casually, looking back and forth between them both.

I hear the groaning of a bunch of dazed campers, their voices coming from the table where the drinks are at. One voice breaks above the din of groaning.

"What the actual FUCK did you do to me?!"

I turn to see Max approaching Daniel angrily, and grin slowly. Daniel looks over at me and strides beside me, then leans down and whispers a single phrase into my ear.

"Take care of this problem for me, please."

I feel my eyes roll back into my head and close them. I begin to shudder violently. My teeth grow out more and become sharper. I feel an unnatural urge for bloodlust rise, and my hands clench into fists. I open my eyes; they are completely black, but their pupils are white and glowing. They have transformed into cat slits. I give a creepy smile, which causes Max to take a step backwards in fear, his pupils shrinking. My consciousness has been literally ejected from my possessed body. I'm like a ghost at this point.

The host of my body picks up Max and hurls him into a tree, knocking him out. My body shakes its head, and I get sucked back into my natural consciousness quickly; I then race over to Max's unmoving body, letting out a loud wail as I pick it up. My gaze flickers fiercely in Daniel's direction.

"WHAT THE FUCK?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" I shout in between sobs. Daniel seems taken aback at my sudden outburst, so I keep going.

"Why can't you fucking like me how I am before throwing me into a pentagram and making me a fucking demon?! Do you fucking think I want this? To be hurting people friends or not? To be your fucking puppet? You're fucking wrong. You don't control me anymore."

I get up, picking up an unconscious Max with me, and trudge over to our cabin, which he shares with Neil and Nikki, along with myself. I place him onto his bed and immediately set to work, wrapping his head and putting an ice pack onto it. I lay him down and find his teddy bear, then give it to him. I hope he's okay. I get up and go to the councelor's cabin, where I rewrap myself and toss away the old bandages. The door creaks from behind me, and David steps in, rubbing his arm nervously. He's probably expecting that I'll attack him at any moment. I don't blame him for keeping his distance.

"Erm..h-how is he?"

I look over at David and see him flinch. I sigh, tears welling up into my eyes slowly.

"He's going to be okay." I say, trying to prevent myself from crying.

I shuffle over to David and hug him, crying. I feel him relax quickly, and a hand pats my back.

"It's going to be okay. I will try to find a way to make things change."

I wipe my eyes with the back of my hand and smile.

"Thank y-you."

I walk back into my cabin and notice Max is sitting up now, and he also flinches away from me as soon as he lays eyes on me.

"Max...I'm sorry...Daniel turned me into a fucking demon so I can be his puppet....I didn't and don't ever want to hurt you or anybody else EVER..." I say, wiping my eyes once again.

"I'm going to fucking kick Daniel's ass when I get the chance..." he mutters before slowly drifting back to sleep.

I settle into my bed too, wishing that Gwen was back. I hear her voice, but it sounds hushed and gentle as she sings to me.

"There's a place I know that's tucked away, a place where you and I can stay.

Where we can go to laugh and play, and have adventures everyday.

I know it sounds hard to believe, but guys and gals it's true.

Camp Campbell is the place for me and you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heya! Hope yall enjoyed! Next chappy coming soon. Might be putting out some new books depending on how many reads this gets. It hasn't even broken 20 yet so yeah :T

Love yall!~Feh 🌌🎧🌆