Chapter 5: Hide and Seek

I storm through the doors into the agency. "Agent Rose, the boss can't se- AAAGGGHH!" I flipped the dragon from before over me and slammed him on his back, "Well he's gonna to see me." I push the doors so hard one of them fly off and see he's with someone. They're a large lion in a expensive looking suit. A cane is leaning against his chair and my father gives me look full of happiness. "What the fuck is going on here!" I shout at him,"Who set us up!" my breathing is heavy not from exhaustion but from anger. "My my Mr. Rose, I didn't expect you to forget about me so soon," the lion turns around to reveal a face I thought was dead. "Ethan! You're supposed to be dead!" my brain isn't processing any of this. "Ethan's death was fake Jace. Actually, he's the guy who called for the assassination.  He's here for a deal we made, a deal we made 28 years ago," his smile grows wider when he finishes. I back up a little bit, something horribly wrong is happening. Max finally caught up to me,"Sir what's going on?" a look of confusion covers his face. "So this is the famous Max Conaway. It's a pleasure to meet you, I'm Ethan. I used to teach close combat here, and Jace here was my best student. Let's just say we got along very well," a creepy smile rises onto his face. A flood of memories rush over me before I can suppress them again. "I know who you are Ethan, and I wasn't talking to you," a fierce look goes over his face. "Sir, what is going on," Max suddenly looks tense, and all of his carefree attitude is gone. "Now Max, I don't like the tone you're giving me and Mr. Infernum. We're just here to settle some business that actually includes you and Jace," right then he pulls out a small syringe and injects a fluid into Ethan. Ethan grunts with pain as the serum courses through his veins. "This is a new power that we've been testing with. Instead of having a power of their own though, they take away another's power," the maniacal smile reaches maximum width. Ethan finally calms down and starts laughing,"We need you two to die for our plan to fall through though. You see, Jace and you have this sort of gene that is able to counter act this. You're both able to give back the abilities that we take if you learn how to use it, so if you would kindly die that would be great," Ethan launches at us with both of his fist on fire. I only have enough time to get me and Max out of the way. I roll on to my feet and go between Ethan's legs as petals and appear behind him. A 6'5" long thorn appears in my hands and sweep him. Leaping back rose petals appear in the air and slash across the air towards Ethan. Right before they reach him though, he blurs away from the spot and sends a fireball at me. When I was about to dodge a bullet rips through it and it disappears. "Did you really think I use regular bullets? I would hope you thought better of me," Max showed off blue, glowing bullets, but the thing that catches my eye is the fact his middle finger is curled around a second trigger. My questions are answered when he kicks up his leg, and a glowing bullet shoots out of his heel making a strong explosion happen when it collides with Ethan. He turns back around towards my father and shoots at his foot freezing it to place,"Don't think I forgot about you, sir." I shake myself out of my shock and jump in the air. Right before I land, I slam the blunt end of the thorn onto Ethan's back earning a yelp of pain. Sparing a look at Max shows that my dad has gotten his foot free and is busy trying to freeze Max back. He's stopping all of my dad's attempts by using those explosive bullets and complicated gymnastic moves. I look down at Ethan at just the right time to avoid getting swept off my feet by jumping up, but I couldn't dodge the kick that swung back around sending me flying. A cracking noise rips through the air when he kicked me. Pressing my paw against my chest a warm feeling spreads through me. The rib gets halfway repaired before Ethan charges me. Our fight too fast for me to think at all punch, block, counter, repeat. We might've thrown a kick in there once or twice just to spice things up. We're both huffing and puffing barely able to throw a swing by now. With a last ditch effort I swing the thorn only to have him catch and break it. He then grabs my wrist, turns me around, and forces me muzzle first to the ground. "Remind you of old times," his voice and breath make my ears twitch,"We could go back to that. I could convince the boss to keep you alive."
"Even though we never did anything at all. It was really you just being an awful flirt and me just hanging out with you. Sure you would pin me a couple times and forcefully kiss me ,which was very creepy. Every time you did that I would wash my mouth out. You're just a creepy, handsy, pedophile." I smile at the end of my sentence and hear a deep growl come from him. "Fine, I'll just have to tame you and make you my bitch."
"Sorry, but I'm always dominate," I drop a red rose onto the ground and a rose bush comes out of the ground. It wraps around him and pulls him off me to the ground. Long thorns start growing and slowly impaling him. "I'll get you! You will be mine!" Ethan bursts into flames trying to burn it, but all it does is make smoke. "You must've forgotten, my plants take a loooooong time to burn. Have fun!" I'm happy about my victory when I hear Max yell in pain. Turning around I see ice slowly covering Max originating from a single cut on his arm. My dad is smiling even though he's bleeding, has a broken arm, and severely bruised in some places. "I don't know how you made ice that wasn't under my control, but you have to die. I would love to keep you around for your brains, but you're just something that has to be wiped out," he starts maniacally laughing. My blood is pounding in my ears and anger is rampant inside me. A tornado of roses surround me matching my anger. All of my pent up anger just comes out and I snap. I thrust both paws towards him summoning thorns and roses. The thorns start rapidly impaling him while the petals cut all the way to the bone. His ice walls are futile against me just getting ripped to shreds. My arms lower and I see a barely twitching body with a pool of blood surrounding him, but he is still just laughing. "You think I didn't prepare for my death? We already downloaded all of my plans and who is getting ownership along with a cover up. You're still going to die, you're just delaying the inevitable."
"I guess I'll just have to change the future," I end my sentence by stomping on his face crushing it. Another scream comes from Max and I spin around seeing that the ice has gotten most of his arm. "Hold on Max!" I run over to him and break away the ice starting to heal him. Light shines from my paws more powerful than ever before. Ribbons of light wrap around his arm immediately closing the wound and getting rid of the frostbite. I pick him up bridal style and run out of the agency. A pink rose is already growing in my paw and I throw it at my motorcycle making rose petals surround it. Right when my paw touches the pile, we fall through it as Ethan burst out the door. We tumble out with my bike onto the lawn with me holding him close to protect him from more damage. Huffing and struggling from all of my adrenalin just draining away. Somehow, I make it inside and struggle up to my room. I drop Max onto the bed and pack both of our things. Pulling the last plug and hooking up the last bomb I sling Max over my should and go out to the garage. I throw our suitcases into the trunk of a 1976 black Impala. After putting Max into the passenger seat allowing him to sleep I drive out. Looking into my rearview mirror I press the detonation button and watch it go into flames. I have no need for it, hiding in one place allows the seekers to find you better.

Hey fluffers, I hope this chapter is good enough for you guys. I want you guys to tell me what you think about Max and Jace? What do you think about Jace's past? Should I reveal more about Max? Tell me in the comments and good night!