Reading

Myth Pov

"No! Stay away from me! Leave me alone!" I cry in fear.

"Why should we, punk?" the bullies keep advancing. "We're going to teach you a little lesson, so sit still and listen up."

I back away, "no, please don't!"

***

'I finally made it home!' I reach for the handle of the door, 'wait, I can't go there. I have to get out of here!' I turn to leave but the door opening stops me in my tracks.

"Is that blood on your shirt?!"

I turn back towards my apartment, "no! It's nothing, I promise!"

Gabe scowls, "you're lying. What have I said about picking fights?! Get in here! NOW!"

I hang my head, 'I am going to die.'

Gabe slams the door and drags me to my room, "you're mine, brat!" He throws me on the ground and takes off his belt. "Shirt off!" I whimper but I follow his orders.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I'm sorry! I'll be good! I swear! Please! STOP!!!!"

Gabe pulls my head back by my hair, "shut your filthy mouth and take your punishment for disobeying me. You are not to start fights and you are my plaything. Do you understand?"

I nod my head as my tears continue to drown my face.

"Good, now do as I say or I'll play with your mother like I play with you," he threatens. "Get on my bed. Pants off."

"No, please, not that! Anything but that!" I plead.

Gabe slaps me across my face, "what did I say about being quiet?! Do it!"

'I wish I was dead. Ever since my seventh birthday, Gabe has decided that I am old enough to do adult things. I have been humiliated in front of his buddies. I have been forced to act like a pet and crawl on my hands and knees for Gabe. I have been whipped and beaten to unconsciousness but none of that compares to the pain of sexual harassment. I wish I could be three when the worst he did was grope me.'

"Tell me how much you enjoy our play dates. I want to hear you speak for once so you better answer!"

I hide my face in my pillow, "I lo-ov-ve pl-play-in-ing, please pl-ay with m-me m-mor-re." I sob, 'why does me make me say stuff like that?! I wish Mommy was here! She is safe!'

Gabe's wicked smile grows, "so obedient today. Are you finally broken? Maybe I should break you more. Doesn't that sound like fun? Remember when you used to fight back. Let's recreate one of your punishments, shall we?"

"NO! STOP! Pl-lease!" I whimper and cry.

"PERCY! Are you home?!" my mother shouts down the hall.

"Fuck! We'll continue this later," Gabe retreats. "Sally! Darling! How was work?" Gabe closes the door leaving me tied to the bed posts.

"Fine, have you seen Percy?"

"Oh, he was tired so he is sleeping right now," Gabe lies. "You should leave him be. I'm sure he will resurface soon enough to work on his homework. For now, you should start making dinner."

"Oh, well, I still want to check on him," she tries to get pass Gabe.

It is silent for a minute before Gabe speaks again, "I really think you should start making dinner. Now."
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
It's not a full chapter like the others but it is an update. Sorry for the wait, I'll try to update faster but things do happen.
~SC