02 Family

Family

Somebody knocked at the front door at home. As soon as I heard it I stormed out of my room. 'I'll go' I shouted as ran down stairs. 'Alright', I heard my Dad shout from the kitchen. He and Carol were cooking dinner together. The three of us were the only ones at home at the moment. Finn ,as always in vacation, he either spent his day playing football with his best friends Puck, Sam and Mike or hanging out at his girlfriend’s place and helping her finding an apartment for them in New York.

Blaine and I already had an appointment to check out an apartment for only the two of us in two weeks. It’s near the college where we all, well with the exception for Finn, want to go. NYADA.

For Finn this college was a no go because it didn’t have a football team only a ballet team. I’ve tried talking Finn into it once but for some reason he totally blocked ballet. I’m still trying to find out why. He would look really cute in pink.

Well anyway he now had to find one near ours which had a football team.

I stopped at the door and looked out of the small window. My boyfriend was standing before it and was pouncing up and down. He looked like a little child who was excited because he was promised candy.

I giggled to myself and slowly opened the door. As Blaine saw me he grinned and said 'Hey sweetie.' I pulled him inside and kissed him deeply. I placed a hand on his cheek and relished the kiss. After we broke the kiss my hand stayed on his cheek and I said 'Hey my bouncing Hobbit.’ I was the only one who was allowed to call Blaine Hobbit. Normally he get pissed when somebody made jokes about his height.  ‘You're ready?' I continued. 'What? You want to ask them now?' He said looking a bit uncomfortable. 'Yes over dinner. I hope you like Chili.' 'Yeah I do but I thought that we would talk to them somewhere else' he said still uncomfortable. 'Like where?' 'Like…I don't know Kurt. At least somewhere with enough pace between them and us' he said totally helpless and leaned on the wall. 'Hey' I said and took his hand and made him look me in the eyes. 'It’s gonna be fine. You'll see. I've already talked with Carol.' 'You did?' He asked surprised. I nodded. 'Yes I did and guess what she likes the idea. She also said that she’ll help us convincing Dad.' A small smile appeared on his lips. 'Well then here goes nothing.'

'Dad? Blaine and I would like to talk to you about something' I said in the middle of the dinner. Dad stopped eating at once and asked suspiciously 'You two are not getting married, are you?' I felt Blaine next to me sliding nervously on his chair. My dad stared at me and my boyfriend. 'No Dad. We would like to talk to you about school and some arrangements' I began slowly not wanting to make one mistake. 'You mean New York?' 'No I don’t mean New York' 'Just tell me what you want from me here Kurt' said Dad. 'Fine Blaine wants to come to McKinley next year but he lives in Westerville so this will be a problem. Well that's why I asked him if he wants to move in with me. I mean move in with us.'

Dads jaw dropped. He first just stared at me then at Blaine. He started to say something to Blaine but was cut off by Carol 'Burt don't say no without considering. If they lived here together they would finally be able to concentrate more on school and you’ve already said yes to the New York plan.' 'Yes' I linked myself into the conversation. 'We’re moving in together eventual. We could see if we can actual live together at all. And by the way Blaine already spent nights and weekends here. So what do you say?' My dad looked at me but I wasn't able to read anything from his expression. Without answering me he turned to Blaine. 'What do your parents think about this?' 'We haven't asked them yet' I answered for Blaine. My boyfriend still looked like he wanted to disappear into the ground. My Dad gave me a sharp look and said 'No offense Kurt but I was asking Blaine.' He turned to my boyfriend again. 'So what do you think would your parents say Blaine?' Blaine looked at my dad with a strange expression on his face then turned way to some old pictures of me and my dad. You may call me crazy but I'm sure I saw jealousy in his eyes while he looked at the pictures. 'They would say yes' he said turning around to face my dad again. 'They would say yes because they don't care. No hold on. They would say yes happily and tell me to take everything with me so that they finally can expand their damn library.' The anger in Blaine’s voice caught me out of guard. I've never seen Blaine so angry before. I took his hands and discovered that they were shaking like crazy. 'Baby you're alright?' I asked worried. 'Yeah fine' he said with his voice broken by anger. Carol put a hand on his shoulder and asked 'What do you mean with expand their library?' Blaine signed. The whole anger melted way and he turned sad 'Since I’ve told them that I would go to New York they planned to remove my room and expand their beloved library.' 'With remove you mean that you get another room right?' asked my Dad. Blaine shook his head and said 'With remove I mean get rid of my room once and for all.' I looked at Blaine in shock. I couldn’t believe it. 'Why haven’t you told me this?' I asked impeaching. He just shrugged and said nothing. There were a few minutes of uncomfortable silence then my dad said to me 'He would stay with you in your room, wouldn’t he?' ‘Yeah. Yeah he would' I said still in shock about what Blaine just told us. My Dad nodded and looked with sympathy at Blaine. 'So this is how we’ll do it. Blaine you talk to your parents if it’s really ok for them and if they say yes you call me and on Monday we will get your stuff and you can stay with us as long as you want to.'

I was speechless. My Dad had just said that my boyfriend can move in with me.

Blaine was clearly overwhelmed too because he began to stutter 'T-Thank you Mr. Hummel. And about the rent-' 'No kid' said Dad. 'You don’t have to pay rent or anything for living here. And for the records my name is Burt.'

Carol slightly squeezed Blaine’s shoulder and literally smiled like the sun. 'Welcome to the Family Blaine.'