Competition

10 minutes.

Briar
My duet is coming up, and I couldn't be more nervous. Not just because i'm dancing in front of thousands of people, but my duet partner hasn't shown up! Myles is late, and everyone is freaking out. Trevor and Brittany went to look for him but came back with no such luck. It has been half an hour; the duet starts in 10 minutes.

6 minutes

Going through the choreography isn't working; I can't practice lifts or jumps and that's what I am most nervous about. I trust My, but landing without falling is so difficult. Victoria calls me over to get into my costume, still no Myles.
The theme of the dance is falling in love, even though me and Myles are friends we have enough chemistry to make this work. Lamar often jokes about there being a suspicious amount of chemistry, but it doesn't phase me. Brittany finished doing my makeup, a beautiful nude lip and smoky eye.

4 minutes

Still not here! Where is Myles! Everyone is trying to keep calm, but if he doesn't show up we are automatically disqualified. I trust him, i'm counting on him but My still hasn't arrived.  The other troupe had just started their routine; once finished my duet starts. Watching their routine is making me even more nervous. Perfect. Perfect turns amazing acro and a lovely song choice. We have no chance of winning now.

1 minute

The lights died down. The audience clapped, about half of them standing up and cheering. No sign of Myles. I began to walk on stage, I will at least do my part of the routine; I am going to dance whether My is here or not. The duet song begins to play, my back to the audience in my starting position. As I swiftly turn around to begin the first section I see Myles. Myles! My is dancing a perfect routine; turns, split leaps, all of his best moves and whilst holding a bouquet of roses. We suddenly begin to dance the routine perfectly, no mistakes it's just so natural. I jump into his arms and he places the bouquet into my hand then kisses my cheek. The audience clap and cheer like crazy, the judges with beaming smiles on their faces and the troupe screaming in the wings.
"Bri, will you be my girlfriend? I won't be late to anymore routines if you say yes" he smirked. Stunned, I just nodded with a grin on my face and he pulled me into a hug.