Promposal

Noah
Chocolates on the bench, microphone set up on its stand, James setting up his drums. Yesterday I had decided to practice a song for Richelle; a "promposal", as I knew she would appreciate me putting the effort in.

After all, she is worth it.

James set up his drums behind me as Henry and I blew up some balloons as a little something extra for Richelle. Summer had left to fetch her; the plan was to tell Richelle that Summer needed help with choreography for her solo. We knew Richelle would jump at the chance to prove she is better than Summer, the plan was foolproof.

"I mean you do need help on your turns" I here Richelle say in the hallway, pulling me from thought.

Crap this was happening!

James sat at his drums and I pulled out my guitar ready to play the song as soon as she walked in.

"Cause I got issues
but you got 'em too
so give 'em all to me
and I'll give mine to you
bask in the glory
of all our problems
'cause we got the kind of love
it takes to solve 'em
yeah, I got issues
and one of them is how bad i need you"

I finished singing; Richelle looked shocked, but happy..

..I hope

"Richelle will you come to prom with me?" I ask nervously, handing her a balloon with a box of chocolates.

Suddenly she runs forward and wraps her arms around my waist, planting a small kiss on my jawline. She looked up at me and nodded, before pulling me back into a hug.

"Yes of course Noah!"she exclaimed.

Summer, Henry and James cheered, and I rolled my eyes at them sarcastically.

I took Richelle's hand in mine and we walked out of the studio, heading to Shakes and Ladders for drinks, before heading to rehearse our duet for regionals.