Dance Captain

Myles
I have had so much on my plate lately. Ever since Miss Angela left the studio, Michelle and Emily have come back as studio heads. My dance captain position has finally regained it's meaning, but the dancers are still behind other troops with choreography. Piper has been super off lately, we have drama between Richelle Summer and Jacquie, and on top of that there are new dancers on the troupe!

I am in dire need of assistance.

Emily, Michelle and I talked about who would be a good fit as co captain, just to help out with everything whilst we settle back down. Of course Emily suggested Summer due to her "quality"? Summer was definitely the new favourite.

I suggested Richelle. As much as I should've suggested my own girlfriend, Richelle has the confidence and stubbornness to handle the troupe. Her choreography is remarkable; I don't think she can go wrong. Even though she isn't exactly a people person, she is an excellent leader and takes in ideas.

Who better to help me out? Two strong dancers would make a good pair.

The troupe were warming up in Studio A, perfect time to make the announcement.

"Hey guys, after talking to Emily and Michelle, we thought a co captain would be helpful right now to take some of the workload".

The dancers all nodded, Jacquie's face lit up; I felt a little guilty but I had to keep the dancers' best chance at interest.

"So after talking we thought Richelle would be perfect for the role?" I say, hoping the dancers agree with the decision.

All except Jacquie nodded and discussed amongst themselves their congratulations to Richelle. I smiled at Richelle, who was flashing her tooth grin that lit up the room.

I mean, Jacquie?

My thoughts were interrupted by Jacquie gesturing to the locker room. I followed her, after excusing myself from the troupe.

Before I could say anything, Jacquie started talking.

"Listen Noah, with the whole Summer and Richelle situation I doubted your belief in me. But clearly that belief was right. You probably didn't even put my name forward because Richelle is so 'perfect'. I just want to take a break, from us. I need to focus on myself and my dance" she rushed out, leaving me no chance to interrupt with my opinion. Jacquie swiftly left the room, who ponytail hitting me across the cheek. I stood still; shocked.

Richelle walked through the door, did she hear anything??

By the way she and came and gave me a small side hug, my question was answered. Thank god Richelle is here.