Mornings with Myles

Briar
I woke up to a kiss on my forehead, Myles notices my eyes slowly flutter open as they adjust to morning light. He ruffles my hair, and I laugh.

"Stop don't look at me I'm not wearing makeup or anything" I say, covering my face with my hands.

"Don't cover your face, you look your best. Always do. I never want to leave this bed" he says, melting my heart even quicker than a fire could. What did I do to deserve the things Myles does and says to me.

I sit up in the bed and grab the tv remote from the beside table. I put on Netflix, scrolling through until Myles snatches the remote out of my hands.

"What're you doing?" I ask rudely.

Myles doesn't respond. Instead he types "The Next Step" into the search bar, looks at me and smiles.
I laugh whilst he puts on an episode from when our characters were on J-Troupe; damn we were such babies!

Myles literally looked like a 5 year old, I could not stop laughing. He gave me the side eye before joining in laughing. I loved spending my mornings with him, he always managed to be a complete dork but I love it.

And him- duh.

When the episode ends, I stand up and go to the bathroom. I brush my teeth, fix up my hair and apply some concealer and mascara. I  apply some lip balm and change into a sports bra and leggings; I always leave a bag of stuff on the shelf in the bathroom.

Stepping outside the door I see Myles had fallen asleep again; how long was I in there? I check my phone, it had literally been 8 minutes. I decide to go downstairs into the basement and stretch. Playing "sorry" by Justin Bieber, I start a solo when suddenly a pair of muscular arms wrap around my waist making me jump slightly.

Myles smirks at me and takes my hands, dancing  some freestyle contemporary.

I really do love mornings like these.