The dance

Myles
I don't even know why I am going to this dance, I will have to talk to a bunch of people I don't like and wear a tux. I hate wearing a tux. Me, Devon, and Isaac decided to go as us 3 guys instead of with dates. I'm going for a guys night out and drinks, not for this pathetic school dance. Besides, tons of girls in dresses? I am okay with that.
At 8 o'clock I picked up Isaac and Devon, then drove to the dance. It was so cliche; lilac and white balloons, girls in long dresses and guys in matching tuxedos, music heard from the hall and the populars getting out of a limo. I already hated this.

Briar
I can't believe I let the girls bring me tonight. I sat on a table with Victoria, Brittany, Jessica, Shelby and Taveeta. I wore a stunning midnight blue dress and curled my hair so that it cascaded down my back. The music was too loud and I didn't feel like dancing so I stepped outside for a moment alone, but someone was already there.
"Oh I can go", I said, but the person just shook there head.
"No it's okay, stay" they said, I now knew it was a guy. He looked up at me and I was breathless; he looked perfect. He had perfect hair, perfect cheek bones, and his smile warmed my heart. I walked over to him and sat on the ledge of the fountain, it didn't work so it was fine to sit near.
"I'm Myles", he said. I told him my name and we talked for hours. I am normally so shy but Myles and I clicked and I felt like I had known him forever.
"I'm not normally so forward, but..." Myles said but was quickly cut off by me kissing him on the lips. The water from the fountain began to flow again as if it was set to start working at that moment.
"You read my mind", he said breaking the kiss. I laughed, and put my head on his shoulder.

Myles
Thank god I came to the dance.