Chapter 6

Kenzie ^^^^^^^

Daniella POV

"Hey Daniella!" I heard while making my way through the crowded halls of the school,  struggling to make it to my next class.

I stopped in the middle of the hallway turning around slightly to see who yelled my name. As I turned I see the familiar brown locks and tall figure head towards me. When he saw me looking back at him he started jogging through the herd of people.

"Hey" He breathed out once he reached me.

"Dylan? What's up?" I questioned him. This was weird. Never once has he ever said hi to me in the halls. He barely even looked at me my whole high school experience and now he stopped me in the middle of the hallways just to say hey?

"Umm nothing I just want to ask you something."

Oh okay, maybe it's just about Spanish.

"Okay, shoot."

"The thing that you said last night, what did you mean by that?" He said looking down at me, staring directly into my eyes.

Nope, not about Spanish at all.

Why couldn't it be about Spanish?

"What thing?" I said trying to keep my cool. I lied, I knew exactly what he was talking about but I didn't want to answer.

"The thing about me appreciating my little sister, why did you say that?"

"I just meant that everybody takes things for granted when we really shouldn't" I sighed "because, you don't know if that will all be gone one day."

"But what place do you have to tell me I'm not appreciating my family" Dylan said sternly.

"Wait...what?"

"I asked what place do you have to tell me I'm not appreciative?" He said raising his voice a little and furrowing his eyebrows.

"I wasn't trying to say that you weren't appreciative, I was just saying that everybody makes mistakes, especially when it comes to their family, so don't make one that you know you're going regret later." I said sorrowful, it seems I hit a nerve with Dylan and I don't want to make him mad or upset since I have to tutor him.

Dylan took a step closer to me so our faces were inches apart. "Well you don't know a damn thing about me so don't act like you do." He said lowly, he glared into my eyes as he spoke and that's when I noticed something in them. Anger, passion, most importantly, hate.

He looked like he hated everything, especially me. But why, I let some words slip and now it looked like he hated me more than anyone else in the world. I don't understand what I did wrong.

Dylan dropped his gaze and walked away before saying anything else. That's when I realized that nobody else was left in the hallway, it was just me. Did the bell already ring?

I rushed to my class, walking in right when my teacher was beginning her lecture.

"Nice of you to join us Ms. Seeton" She said sarcastically motioning me to take my seat.

I walked to my seat in the back, sat down, and got my workbook out to take notes. But as I was trying to focus on the teacher my mind kept going back to the conversation with Dylan. And one thing kept recurring in my thoughts.

What the hell just happened?

________________________

"Wait, what?!" Becca screamed at me.