The Shy Girl

(Jackson's POV)

Before I knew it, it was Monday again. I dragged myself out of bed, groaning, and stomped down the stairs. I sat down to eat breakfast and Ramona raised her eyebrows at me. "Someone's grumpy today," she said.

I smiled slightly. I still almost couldn't believe she was my girlfriend. It made my day just a little bit better. "Do you need anything? Are you hot, are you cold? Are you sad, are you hungry?" I asked.

Ramona got this strange look on her face. "Ok. I see what Lola meant. You are so cute, but Jackson, I'm completely fine. You've been obsessing over me all weekend. You know I can take care of myself right?" She said sweetly. I sighed. This had been what made Lola break up with me. I had been too obsessive and I hadn't given her any space and it was too much for her to handle. Action Jackson was a lot to handle.

I really didn't want Ramona to break up with me though. "You're right, you're right. I'm sorry I'll give you more 'space' or whatever," I said, smiling. She smiled back and got up to go get ready for school. I ate my breakfast happily and threw on some jeans and a T-shirt before heading out the door with Ramona. Lola always walked with us, but it was fine because Popko did too, so I wasn't just completely awkward.

At least I thought it was fine that Popko walked with us. Until he said, pouting, "Seriously, Ramona? You'll go out with this dork, but not me?"

"Hey!" I said.

"Jackson may be a dork, but he's a sweet, adorable one. You're just an arrogant player. So yeah, I'd go out with this dork over you any day." Ramona said curtly.

I smiled and nodded my head. "Oh yeah. That's my girlfriend," I said proudly. "Wait a second... did you just call me a dork?"

"No..." she said hesitantly.

"Oh well," I shrugged, "she's still my girlfriend even if she does think I'm a dork."

"Anyways..." Lola said awkwardly, "I have to Spanish class so, I'll see you weirdos later." I looked up and noticed we were already at the high school. I talked to Ramona for a minute longer and then went to my locker. When I opened it, a folded piece of paper fell to the floor. I frowned. The only thing I kept in my locker was my math book, so I had no idea what the paper would be.

I picked it up off the floor and carefully unfolded it. I could definitely tell it was a girls handwriting. I read it. Then I read it again.

Meet me at the bench behind C hall after school.

Who would want me to meet them after school? I always walked home with Ramona, so it couldn't be her. Plus, the note wasn't her handwriting. I guess it was kind of similar. Maybe she had been in a rush, so it looked a little different? But when would she have put the note in my locker? I figured I could just go to the bench really quick after school to see who it was. I grabbed my math book, shut my locker, and went to class.

As the day slowly drug on, the note faded to the back of my mind. I had nearly forgotten about it when the last bell rang, but the folded piece of paper fell out of my notebook when I stood up from my desk. I grabbed it and hesitated before heading towards C hall. I was curious to know who had written the note. As I rounded the corner of the building, two things happened at once: I saw the shy girl who sat in the back of my math class perched on the edge of the bench nervously, and I realized that the handwriting on the note from my locker, was the same as the handwriting on the secret admirer note.

I nearly turned on my heel and went to meet Ramona at the front of the school, but the girl, Shiloh, spotted me and her eyes lit up. "Jackson!" she said shyly. I smiled awkwardly and nervously. I shouldn't have been meeting a secret admirer when I already had a girlfriend.

"Shiloh!" I said, fake-excitedly. She waved for me to come sit by her. I glanced towards the front of the building where Ramona was probably waiting for me. I should go meet her and get home. I looked back at Shiloh sitting daintily on the bench behind C hall. I went and sat next to her. The truth was that I felt bad leaving her sitting on the bench by herself because she was so shy and small and it seemed rude. In the back of my mind I knew I was making the wrong decision, but I just walked over and sat next to her.

"There's something I've been wanting to tell you... I-I was just so nervous and I don't talk to many people you know and— sorry I'm rambling. Anyways, I've been wanting to tell you, Jackson, that I... I really like you. A lot," she mumbled, her words jumbling together. Suddenly she leaned towards me just slightly, but her face was close to mine. My eyes widened. What had i gotten myself into?

Yeah ok so I suck😂 I'm so so sorry guys. I know I haven't updated in like five thousand years. I've just been so busy and I didn't really know what to write, but I'm finally updating! I will try to update a bunch this week since it's been forever and if I don't update again soon you guys yell at me and I promise I will. Sometimes I forget oops. Anyways sorry again, I hope you liked this chapter. Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me!