So I Guess This Is It

(Ramona's POV)

I stood looking at my empty room. It was hard to look at my home without any of my belongings in it, but I couldn't look away. I hated that we were moving, and I had to drink in the good memories in my little room before I turned around and left. I felt fingers lace through mine and I looked up to see that Jackson had snuck up on me. He gave me a sad smile and I returned it. "So I guess this is it, huh?" I said dejectedly.

"Hey just because you don't live in his house doesn't mean the world will end right?" Jackson replied hopefully. "I'm gonna miss you though."

"I'm gonna miss you."

"Alright, it's a new day, we've got a new house, and this mama is ready to roll! Let's get moving kid there's no time to lose!" my mom burst in the room shouting cheerily. I nearly jumped out of my skin. After I processed what had just occurred I looked at Jackson and he was staring back at me.

I sighed. "No time to lose," I said in reply to my mom. "But lots of things to lose," I whispered after she had left. I grabbed my bag with the last of my stuff in it and headed downstairs, Jackson still holding my hand. I wondered if he would even let go when it was time for me to leave, or if he would walk out the door and get in the car with me. That was definitely something he would do; he was crazy when it came to girls, but I liked him that way.

My mom was waiting excitedly by the door, bag in hand. I gave Jackson's hand a squeeze and, thankfully, when I walked out the door after my mom, he let go. I looked back and waved to him before getting in the car and I watched him at the door until the house was out of my sight. Funny how I was already thinking of it as just the house when it had been my home for so many years, but I guess that was my way of coping.

We soon pulled up to a cute yellow house with white trim and bright orange detailing. It was definitely a Kimmy house, but I had to admit that it looked nice. I walked in the front door and immediately up the stairs to a big room with bright, turquoise walls and light colored hardwood. There was a white window seat with light grey cushions and a view of more quirky San Francisco houses like the one I was in. I sat down carefully on the seat, testing it out.

I tried to plan out how I would set up and decorate to make it feel cozier. I could paint it red, put my plush pink chair by the closet, roll out my purple squiggly throw rug... but I was only thinking of how I could make it like my old room. Five minutes in this new house and I already missed what I used to have. This house was big and beautiful and I had so much space to myself, but I didn't have Max barging into my room unannounced, Steph and Jimmy kissing in the kitchen when they thought no one was home, DJ walking through the house cleaning everything and singing loudly, and random people walking into our house because it was always open. I didn't have Jackson across the hall... and that bothered me.

This house didn't feel like home, but I would have to try to get used to it for my mom. She always wanted me to be happy and it was time for me to make her happy for a change. I leaned back against the wall and pulled my knees up so I could prop my diary on my legs and then I clicked my pen open.

It's a new day, we have a new house, and there's no time to lose. I'm just having a hard time with all the things I'm going to lose. But I'll get over it. I just need time. Which apparently I don't have a lot of if I have none to lose. My mom is really happy and excited and that's good, so I can put on a smile for her for the time being. Who knows? Maybe that smile will become real. I just have to give this house a chance. I'll never like it if I don't take the time to try.

I closed my book and looked around the room again; my room. I breathed it all in. It was a nice room. I got up and flung my throw rug open like a red carpet, laying it on the floor. I pushed my chair over by the closet where it actually fit quite nicely. My mom and I would bring my bed up and put it back together later as well as my desk and dresser. Things were sort of coming together even if I wanted to be somewhere else. I sat back in the window seat just as my phone buzzed.

Jackson
It's weird having your room so empty.

Me
Yeah. I miss home.

Jackson
I miss you.

I sighed and closed my eyes. This wasn't the end of the world, just a new chapter. A new beginning one could say. All I had to do was think of the possibilities.

Wooh wooh! A new chapter! I hope you guys are excited and I'm sorry it took like decades for this to happen! I got kind of stumped but I have some ideas now so hopefully I'll get back to updating a little more regularly. Anyways I hope you enjoyed this new chapter even though it wasn't super eventful and hopefully there will be a new one soon!

Love The_Lovely_Libra

❤️