10

Written by Taemeaway

That night, he didn't apologise.

I felt relieved that he didnt actually, it would have been awkward if he apologised for kissing me.

I smiled as i wrote down notes from the funfair, but made sure not to disclose to much of it. This was the downside of this job. I was to write a report of everything i did with the patient.

"Hana? You seem like you havent slept for years." Jin placed a cup of coffee on my table, and i thanked him before putting aside my materials. Truth it, i didnt get much sleep last night. All that was in my head was the kiss he gave me.

"Taehyung again?"

"No, just some personal matters. Anyways, I'm really fine with counselling Taehyung myself. I think its better if i was the only one since he'll feel more comfortable with me." I brought up the matter again as i looked at Jin, hoping he would agree to what i had said.

"Alright." I choked as i place the coffee back on the table, coughing as i looked at him in disbelief.

"What?"

"I said alright. I'll listen to you this once. If i see any sort of bruises or you being depressed, I'm taking over his case you hear me?" I nodded quickly, smiling as i thanked him profusely. It was that easy to convince him, why was it so hard in the past?

"Oh, i almost forgot. The police called  to talk about his case. The court hearing is in a month. Until then, they hope you would prepare him for it. They also want to see your notes about Taehyung."

"What for? Those are confidential, we cant just disclose patients information like that."

"Hana, they are the police. Dont forget Taehyung is a murderer. They need to know whats going on with him so they can charge him. Oh , we will have 1 officer over some time today ."

"Is it Officer Jeon again ? " i asked and he nodded , taking another sip of his coffee .

"Its him again . That kid may be young but damn , he is definitely talented in his own field and knows how to take charge of whatever case and criminal he receives . Dont worry , he wouldnt mishandle Taehyung's case ." 

"When is he comi—"

Just then , the door swung open , revealing Officer Jeon , an officer whom i have met several times before.

"Hi Hana ! Long time no see !" He grinned and waved, taking a seat infront of me while adjusting his collar .

"What brings you here today ?" I asked while Jin left the both of us here in private , exiting the room .  

"Its about Kim Taehyung . I needed to report back to the headquarters about him . Any progresses made with him ? "

"He's doing great and honestly , i dont think he is a bad kid afterall . Please give him a lighter sentence — or even free him . He killed his dad to protect his sister , its for self defence." I spoke cautiously .

"I understand what you are trying to tell me but even if you and i could sympathise him , the court may not since they did not interact with Taehyung before . His motive to kill his father is still unclear to them . "

"Thats when you and I come into the picture , you would need to show me your notes that you have taken down for every session with him and i can try my best to plead for his innocence and clear his name ."

"Do you want it now ?" I asked while rummaging through my drawers for the notebook which contained all of his informations .

Flipping through the notes , i passed the book to officer Jeon while he briefly scanned through the pages , nodding his head .

"Theres some progress made , but i think you would need to talk to him more and find out about his family history to understand more about his relationships with his father and sister ."

"From what i can see , he loves his sister alot — she's the apple of his eyes . He killed his father to protect her ! Its that simple ,  are you trying to imply that he has other possible motives to kill ? "  my voice went a pitch higher as i was slightly agitated.

"What if he was lying to you the whole time?"