#28 - The Disguised Devil

Chapter 28 - The Disguised Devil
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Voices.

People.

The world..

That's all I can hear.

...

Annoying isn't it?
++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Weak!"

"Aah!" A boy fell to the ground, rubbing his red, stinging cheek. A bouquet of roses, full of thorns fell to ground, making the boy look up to the man in front of him. Standing, shadowing him.

"If you can't handle a simple rose's thorn, then you are weak."

"F-Father."

"Please understand, son. I care about you. You're the only one I care about. You're the only one I have left, so please get stronger." The man cried, kneeling down.

"Father, get back in bed." The boy said, standing up and helping his father to bed.

"I-I'm sorry...I don't know what got over me.." The man sighed.

"It's okay...I understand that you're having a hard time and.."

"Shhh....Quiet my son." The man says. "Please. Get stronger my dear son. If I'm gone then who's gonna protect you? I need you to be strong. Please, will you keep that promise?"

"..." The boy bit his lip as he hesitantly spoke. "I-I promise. I'll get stronger."

"G-Good..."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Angelo!"

"Yes father?"

A bearded man entered Angelo's room. "I have a birthday present for you. Since you've turned five, I have decided.."

"D-Decided what?" Angelo questioned.

His father sidestepped, and once he did. A boy was behind his father all along. He had blue hair and blue eyes.

"This is Maro, Maro Conti." His father introduced. "He will be by your side from this day and onward."

What? Angelo mentally questioned. I...I promised didn't I dad? That would get stronger? I don't need him..

"Go on Maro." His father said. Maro didn't move an inch though. "Maro, go to Angelo's side." His father demanded, but Maro didn't listen again, still staying in place. His father was about to raise his hand, but suddenly.

"Come here." Angelo ordered, reaching out his hand.

Maro's eyes widened and his mouth opened, but he smiled and walked over to Angelo. Their height was hilarious. Angelo was so small, he head only reached Maro's chest. Maro chuckled mentally and knelt down, facing Angelo.

"H-How old are you?" Angelo asked.

Maro smiled. "Nine."

"Nine!?"

"Yup."

"Um...My name's Angelo."

"My name is Maro.."

"Welcome to the Avversario Family!" Angelo smiled.

"Thank you, young master...You're the only one I will follow..forever."

Don't you have faith in me, father?

++++++++++++++++++++

"The Arcobaleno..."

"Arcobaleno?" Angelo questioned.

"You're now fifteen Angelo. I believe it's time for you to take on a more...advance mission." His father said, giving Angelo a piece of paper. Angelo reads the paper carefully, making sure not miss one detail. His jaw dropping at the end.