chapter three

Emmas POV

The rest of the day at school turned out to be really good. I met a girl named Taylor. She is a girl in almost all of my classes, and instantly it felt like we've known eachother forever. Our personalities were similar and we got along pretty well. Although, the entire day I just couldn't get my mind off of Nash. There's something about that boy that I really like. He's so sweet. Today after first hour he showed me around school and we talked a lot about our interests, dislikes, and just tried to get to know eachother. I don't think I want to jump into a relationship just yet. I mean, I doubt he even likes me. He was just being nice. And I'm not even sure if I like him that way. We're probably better off as friends.

As the final bell rang, I walked out of my last class and headed home. "EMMA" Someone yelled. I looked back and saw Taylor trying to keep up with me. (AN: a description of Taylor) Taylor was pretty. She had wavy blonde hair that fell down her back, blue eyes, freckles across her nose, and was kind of tall. I could already tell that all of the boys were after her just by being with her today.

"Yeah?" I said as she approached me. She quickly tied back her long blonde hair. "You do remember we live in the same neighborhood, right?" She laughed. We already talked about that at lunch today, she lives on the same street as me. I smiled "I totally forgot about that. Thank God I won't have to walk alone."

We walked into our neighborhood and Taylor went inside her house. We were going to hang out, but she remembered she was going out with her family for her dad's birthday. Soon after Taylor when inside, I arrived at my house. We were only about four houses apart which worked out great. I walked inside and my mom and dad were talking to some lady who was at our house.

"Em, come over here and meet Elizabeth!" My mom said to me. "Hi" I smiled at her. She was about my mom's age. I assume she was a neighbor or something. "Hello, sweetie it's nice to meet you. I'm Elizabeth, and I live right next door." She pulled me into a big hug. She was really nice. I was about to say something when her phone rang. "Hello" she answered. "Honey, I'm at the new neighbors house. You can come on over here to meet them. Bye." She hung up. "I hope you don't mind, I just got off the phone with my son and told him to come over and introduce himself."

"We don't mind at all" my Dad said. I excused myself and walked upstairs to my room. I set my backpack down and took my shoes off. As I walked back down, my eyes landed on a familiar face and my mouth dropped.

"Emma, this is Elizabeth's son, Nash." My mom said. I looked at him and saw his expression change from a shocked face to a smirk.

"Yes, we've met." I smiled back at him. It was that moment when as much as I wanted to, I couldn't take my eyes off of his.

-

AN: Aww, they're neighbors! Emma and Nash are neighbors! Let me know how you all like it so far and I will continue to update. :)