chapter one

Emma's POV

"We should take a walk someday, dream about what we could have been, but I don't wanna leave this place, no faith in Brooklyn." My alarm clock went off, waking me up from my deep slumber. I listened to it for a minute because this was one of my favorite songs. I leisurely reached across my nightstand and shut it off. Then, I remembered. Today was the first day of my Sophomore year at my new high school.

I got out of my warm bed and walked over to my bathroom.I put my hair up in a messy bun and washed my face. I put my contacts in, brushed my teeth, and walked over to my closet.

Today was supposed to be warm so I put on light grey high-waisted shorts with silver studs on the pockets, a royal blue v-neck, and my white vans. I decided to curl my long brown hair in loose beach waves, and applied mascara and a little bit of foundation on my face.

I grabbed my phone and headed downstairs. I took a seat downstairs, where my mom was preparing breakfast, by my sisters Brynn and Madelynn.They were starting their first day of school as well. Except, they're ten years old and in fifth grade. They're also identical twins and even I mix them up sometimes.

"Are you excited for school, girls?" My mom asked bringing bacon and eggs over to us. "Yes!" my sisters said. Me on the other hand, was not the least bit excited for school. The teachers, the annoying kids, the work. I actually was dreading it.

"Well.. Em? How about you?" My mom asked me, interrupting my thoughts. "Hell. No." I said, eating a piece of bacon. "Watch your attitude, Emma. Do you really want to start with me?" She scolded. "Sorry." I said blankly. I grabbed my backpack, and headed for the door to walk to school. "Bye Emma!" Madelynn yelled. "Bye. Have fun today, Madds." I was halfway out the door and  headed to my new high school.

-

AN: How do you guys like it? I will start posting a chapter once a week for you all. Feel free to leave comments and let me know what you think of it so far.