chapter six

Emma's POV:

The final bell rang and I walked home with Taylor as usual. I told her that Nash asked me to go with him and she was really happy for me. We were both so excited, but we had different perspectives of tonight. Taylor's was her first 'group date' with Jack and mine was just a couple movies and popcorn with friends. I plan on keeping my promise to myself but I'll still keep in mind that I like to live a little. Taylor was going over to Jack's earlier than Nash and I, while Nash is going to pick me up around six.

I walked through the front door and my mom, Brynn, and Madelynn were all on the couch watching something on TV. My dad was still at work. I cleared my throat. I still had to ask my mom about tonight. "Hey..Mom?" I asked timidly. "Yes sweetie?" I took a deep breathe. I know I shouldn't be so worried about her saying no, but she doesn't normally like me hanging out with guys. She needs to realize I'm sixteen and obviously old enough. "Nash asked me to hang out tonight. It'll be with Taylor and another guy. Is that okay? Cause he said he'd pick me up at six." My mom stared at me blankly before nodding her head. "That's fine. Just be home by ten you understand?" I smiled. "Yes, of course. Thanks mom you're the best!"

Brynn looked at me with a smirk on her face. "Nash is really cute," she said. Madelynn nodded in agreement. "He is isn't he?" I gushed while walking upstairs to my room. I shut my door and examined myself in the mirror. I decided to just go as I am. I checked my phone and it was 4:36. I had time to kill so I ended up watching "Mean Girls." It's by far my favorite movie. I mean, it's a classic. After the movie was over I got a text from Nash. [Nash: On my way. Be ready :)] I jumped from my bed and walked downstairs just in time for the doorbell to ring. "Bye!" I shouted across the house. I opened the door to a smiling Nash in front of me.

I'm really glad I didn't change my outfit because he didn't either. "Well you look cute." Nash smirked. I blushed and smiled a bit. "Back at ya, although you have looked better" I teased. "Hey, I'm having a great hair day" He laughed. Nash opened the door for me and jogged to the other side of the car. He then drove off to Jack's house. The car ride surprisingly wasn't awkward though we didn't talk much. As we arrived, Nash picked up a key from under the mat and started unlocking the door. "Um..shouldn't we just ring the doorbell?" I asked confused as to why he decided to just unlock it. He shook his head. "Nah Jack said to just unlock it anyways just in case they're outside setting up the bonfire." Bonfire? Cool!

Nash turned the key and motioned me in first. He followed behind me as we stopped in our tracks kind of taken back by the sight in front of us. Taylor was straddling Jack on the couch while they were making out. "Jack!" Nash yelled. Taylor jumped off of Jack and sat next to him with an innocent look on her face. "How the fuck didn't you hear us walk in?" Nash asked, laughing a little. Jack scratched the back of his head with a slight smile on his face. "I was in the moment." He said. Glancing at Tay. Tay then waves at us obviously embarrassed about the encounter we just witnessed. I'm actually more disappointed at the fact that there's no bonfire.

Jack got up from the couch and introduced himself to me. He seemed like a really cool guy but I'm hoping he won't try anything else with Tay, cause they just became a thing a couple days ago. We all sat on the couch. Me next to Nash, Nash next to Jack, and Jack next to Tay. "Let's watch "The Conjuring." Jack said! We all agreed. I wasn't typically the scary movie type but tonight felt right. There was a bowl of popcorn and cans of soda in front of us on the coffee table. I'm just hoping I won't kick the popcorn or anything cause I get pretty into scary movies when I watch them. Taylor turned the lights out. She gave me a wink noticing Nash and I were pretty close to eachother and returned to her spot next to Jack.

Nash put his lips up to my ear and whispered, "Don't be too scared to cuddle with me if the movie gets too intense for you." I felt butterflies in my stomache as I gave him a nod. "I should be saying the same to you. Do you think you can handle the intensity?" I bit my lip. He just laughed and grabbed my hand.

It was the last few minutes of the movie and Nash and I were cuddling close together with a blanket wrapped around us. My legs were on his lap and my right arm was around his shoulders. His left arm was around my waiste while his other hand was holding mine. I felt safe with him.

I looked over to Jack and Taylor and they were asleep in eachother's arms. It was actually really cute. I poked Nash's cheek and pointed at the two lovebirds. He got up and motioned me upstairs. "We're gonna get the shaving cream and smack cam them!" He looked super excited for this. "I'll get Tay, you get Jack." I smirked. We each got a handful of shaving cream in our hands and walked over to them. "1...2...3!" I counted as we each smacked them in their faces pretty hard if I might say so myself. Nash and I broke into fits of laughter as the two quickly shot up and held their faces. "You guys are assholes. You really are." Taylor said. They went to the sink and washed the shaving cream off. Nash and I finally stopped laughing and high-fived eachother. Jack hit Nash in the arm. "Damn it Nash." He said.

"You ready?" Tay asked me. She drove here apparently, so I was just going to go home with her. "Yeah," I smiled. Taylor hugged Jack and they said their goodbyes. I turned to Nash and gave him a huge hug. "I had fun, tonight. Let's hang out again soon." I told him. "I had fun with you too. Yeah, I'll text you tomorrow. Goodnight, Beautiful." He said. I smiled and walked out to the car with Tay. We got in the car and drove away. She immediately went on and on about Jack. I was listening, but was also thinking about Nash at the same time. I have to say, I kind of only wanted to have a friendship with Nash before tonight, but now..I may have developed real feelings.

-

AN: Super long chapter, I know!!! Be sure to comment and VOTE and I'll keep updating. Thank you. :))