Chappy 5- Partners?!

Vanessa P.O.V

I don't know what made me say something, but I wanted to help him. When the teacher came up behind him, he looked so scared because he spent his time talking with us and not doing his work. He looked trapped, yet so adorable when scared. After I spoke up, Renae jumped in and Jenna just nodded along. Then when he left, Jenna took out her phone and started texting. Nice.

"Well, at least I know who I can count on when I'm in trouble" Jorge said whilst shooting daggers at Jenna. "What?! It's not my fault you can't do your work and talk at the same time. It's called multitasking, sir. Learn it, live it, love it. Got it?" she stated like a mantra while she took out a book.

Without being able to catch a break Mr. Teacher Dood started talking again "Okay, guys I have a project for y'all" everyone groaned "Oh it's not that bad! Its just this 30 page packet you and a partner are going to do and it's due at the end of the next two weeks. This will be your test grade for the semester. So choose your partner wisely." Great, just what I needed. A project. Well at least I can have one of the girls as my part-

"Jenna" "Renae" "PARTNERS!" WHAT!? I guess I was getting partnered up with Jorge then. "Well I guess that leaves me and you, Jorge" I smiled at him. Jorge had a weird expression on his face, as if he didn't want to be my partner, before smiling back at me saying "Yeah! We need to bury these two into the dirt to show them whose the smarter one's in the group." I smiled and blushed a little, it wasn't helping that butterflies were basically having a rave inside my stomach. Maybe he is happy to be my partner.

Jorge's P.O.V

I was hoping to get Jenna or Renae as a partner. I didn't know if I could live through being partners with Vanessa, my heart would just stop and never beat again. When I heard them yell "PARTNERS!" my heart sank. Those little snakes! What am I going to do now!? I can't even talk to her properly without souding like an idiot let alone do a project with her! FML.

I seen her looking at me uncertainty, great, now she's going to think I don't want to be partners with her. I gotta say something quick! "Yeah! We need to bury these two into the dirt to show them whose the smarter one's in the group" I smiled at her, she smiled back. Well at least that part is over.

Wait?! Does this mean she wanted to be my partner? Could it mean she likes me!?!

"I think we should switch seats Vanessa . You know so we are closer to our partners." Jenna told her giving her a mischievous smile.

What are you doing Jenna?! NO! Stop!

"Yeah sure, if Jorge doesn't mind at all" I barely heard what she said. I wonder if they could hear my heart beat too. "Of course he wouldn't mind!" Jenna said getting up out her seat motion for Vanessa to get up as well.

Well. This is awkward. Renae and Jenna are giving us mischievous looks, Vanessa is sitting next to me, and I think I forgot to put on my cologne that Vanessa likes. Gosh darn it.

So after we discussed what time we'd meet up for the project, and going to our separate classes. Later on all four of us went to lunch. Me and Renae headed to Mr. Science Guys room, Vanessa and Jenna going to Ms. Yearbooks Room. Maybe I should ask Renae about Vanessa's likes and dislikes so I don't goof up when we get together to work. "So Renae." "So Jorge." "Do you know what kind of music Vanessa likes" "Why", Renae looks puzzled. That's a look you get used to when you have her for math. "Just askin" "Why", looks like we're going to be playing the annoying game of 'Why'. "So I can see if me and her could be besties like you and Jenna." Renae's face dropped as I said the word 'Besties', then she pulled out her phone texting glob knows who. "I think she likes Mice and Men, Pierce the Veil. Bands like that .", as she says this she's typing like mad on her phone. Probably her and the bae, now I need to know being the nosey person I am.