Chappy 7- The Cupid Game

Vanessa P.O.V

At school I noticed something different in Jenna and Renae, which was kinda scary. It was 6:50am 15 minutes before school started, and I seen Jenna walking up to the school. What is she doing here early? You never see her at school 15 minutes early. "Hey Jenna." I called as she walked over to me, "You're here a little bit early don't ya think?"

She looked at me with a devil's grin "I have some 'things' I need to do. By the way you know where Renae is? I need to go over some notes with her about... our project."

I narrowed my eyes at Jenna because I know she was trying to hide something. But she just smiled her innocent little smile. "I don't know, maybe you wanna check by Mr. Cross' room. I know she hangs out there during lunch sometimes but thats about it. Or maybe Mrs. Ride's room."

Jenna sighed, "That means walking... Oh look there's Jorge! Hey! Jorge come here!"

I looked up to see him walking this way with the cutest smile on his face. God why did he have to make my heart beat like this? Why does he have to be so cute in his baby blue American Eagle shirt and jeans?! I tried smoothing out my clothes and hair so I didn't look as bed gurgled as I felt. I caught Jenna smirking at me.

"What?" I whined. She didn't stop giving me that look "Oh nothing... Hey Jorge I was wondering if you seen Renae this morning? Or know where she might be at?"

"Hey Jenna. Hey Vanessa, I like your shirt" Jorge said looking only at me making me blush. "Thanks." I said. "But I believe I saw Renae heading to building two just a few minutes ago. Probably going to Mrs. Ride's room. Isn't she y'all's English teacher?"

"Yeah. Thanks for the help I'll see you guys later, I have to go meet up with that evil child" Jenna waved at us and took off to Mrs. Rides room.

I admit that Renae is innocent and nice, but she also has an mischievous side to her that only worsens when you put her with Jorge. Those two give the name 'terrible twos' a run for their money. Speaking of Jorge I realized that it's just me and him, alone. I felt a blush spread across my face because of the awkward silence.

"Hi, Jorge"

"Hi Vanessa"

There's just silence. I have no idea what to say. I wish Jenna and Renae were here, it'd be a little less awkward.

"So... did you do the homework for Mr. Beverage?" I might as well break the awkward silence.

Jenna's P.O.V

Well I found Renae I told her about the two love birds, so we're headed back to where I left them. "So how do you think our little 'project' is doing?" Renae asked.

"I think pretty good. I mean if you think blushing and sneaking glances at each other is progress, then we're doing an excellent job so far"

"Coolio"

We talked about random stuff until Renae stopped me and pointed over to where Vanessa and Jorge were.

"Look at the two awkward love birds, it's so adorably awkward" said Renae giggling.

"You know if we don't intervene we'll get no where, what with them being goofballs and all. I think it's time we played a bit of the Cupid game don't ya think?" I said with a devious smirk.

"Agreed. Let's get our arrows ready" Renae said with an evil smile.

I like when she gets this evil, it's amusing to see the outcome of it. But because she's seen as being innocent, which she really is trust me, she has an admirable skill to poker face through evil tasks and she's not the one most would suspect right off the bat. I on the other hand, need to learn from this child. I smile or laugh to much, ruining my cover of not being a suspect, whether I had something to do with it or not.